RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
a level block event?

Rep:
Level 88
hi , im my game i have diffrent areas coming off one town, though there noway knowing the level on the mobs in that area (unless u read teh sign which some people wont) are strong or weak, what i want to do is block u from going to that area if your, say under lvl 20...please help

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Use on the teleport event a conditional branch and choose "average party level" as a condition. If it
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
erm it dont work like that.. knew craditional branchs and all that, but when i tried it enyway the party section dosent have a level limit

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Where IS he hiding the knife...?
Project of the Month winner for August 2007Project of the Month winner for February 2010
The other way would be to make a "Script..." event and paste this into it:

i = 0
average_level = 0
while $game_party.actors != nil
  temp = $game_party.actors.level
  average_level += temp
  i += 1
end
$game_variables[var_num] = average_level / i

Where the "var_num" is the number of the Variable you want to have that value. So if you wanted the average party level to go into variable #20, change var_num to 20 so it reads:
$game_variables[20] = average_level / i

You can add a script event on the last of the event pages.

I'd have fit a few of those lines together, but the script box doesn't let you put long lines in, and breaks the code apart when you put long ones in, causing either errors or VERY weird effects. :)

That script will put the average level of all current party members (only those in your party) into a variable which you can use. It's a bit less work than writing up a ton of cond. branches, especially if you have a lot of different characters in your game. It also grows, so that if you add more characters you won't need to update it.