RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Murder Mystery

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
There's no conclusive proof that the gun isn't is, but there is no gun registered in his name and there are no fingerprints on the gun. He claims that he never saw it before, and that he definitely did not bring it with him to the mansion.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
No one's got proff ;-;

I'm suspecting Mauly and Emily here as they don't beleive in the boogeyman.

Let me ask: Could it have been that while getting in the elevator, he acidently stuck his head out and it got snapped?

See, people do that

Also, can i search the house for any signs of a bathrobe-belt of boogeyman prints?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
The position of the body would indicate that it was impossible for him to have broken his neck in the door.

And the only obvious sign of the belt that you can find is a single fiber from the belt...found on the victim's neck. Apparently the belt was used as the murder weapon.

And speaking of prints, a clear set of fingerprints were found on the elevator buttons. They belong to Manuel Caruso. Manuel claims he hasn't even ridden in the elevator yet.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Has mauly been robbed off anything?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
No, Manuel has not been robbed.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This sucks man.. this is tough ;-;

Can't i blame a cause on someone and see their reaction and then determine what my conclusion is?

like arrow does...to burned dogs ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
You can accuse anyone you want, as long as you can explain how and why they did it. You're a lot closer to the truth than you think. Just ask the right questions and you'll get the answers you need.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I accuse Emily and Mauley...

Mauley has the reason to kill him as most of his people are joining Eddy Mc freddy's place. So he took Emily's robe and killed the guy.
Emily, however does not have a cause unless she has had some relation problems with Eddy Mc freddy or wants to get some money from him..

So before i make this a steady accusion, two questions:

1. Did emily have a relationship except friendship.
2. What was McFreddy's will(If he made one)?

If his will states that all his money would go to his friends, then emily and mauley are the only ones who could it.

But im not sure if mauley stole the bathrobe belt or emily gave it to him

^_^;

Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
In fact, Emily did have a relationship aside from friendship with Ethan. They were having an affair. Emily's husband suspected her of cheating, so he hired a private investigator to find out. Ironically, he went to Ethan Grossman's agency. In his cruel sense of humor, Ethan waited one week to tell Emily's husband about her affair, and even sent him a bill for his "hard work" on the case. That is the reason Emily's husband divorced her.

Before you go and accuse her though, an interesting point is raised in Ethan's will. In the event of his death, he leaves his entire detective agency, his current cases, and all of his assets to the Manuel, Rick, and Emily. HOWEVER, he also says that they are only entitled to everything if they can figure out who killed him. It would seem that Ethan knew he was going to be killed before the guests had even arrived.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
So all three do have a reason

but they cant go like

"I killed him so i should get the price cuz i know who did it"
that would actually be helpful..

1. Just curiousity, how was this Emily's husband.

That's my last question, then i shall accuse..

possibly blindly.
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Emily's husband was just some wealthy businessman. At the time of the murder, he has a solid alibi that places him literally hundreds of miles away, therefore he has nothing to do with the murder.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I take a little doubt of mauley

I ACCUSE EMILY.

You dated him for a while, you need the money..You know no one'll will ever discover the murderer so you're gonna get the money.
He broke your relationship with your wealthy husband, which ruined your job and all too. You used the robe as a murder weapon..

If mauley helped you do this, plz tell, i'll get a little more money.

Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Sorry, that's not the solution. If the elevator doors were open at the time of the murder, how could Emily (or Manuel for that matter) have overpowered Ethan without Ethan calling out and waking up the entire household? Or, if the elevator doors were closed, how could two people have fit in such a small area and still have enough room to commit a murder?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
They could've scrambled in for sex ;-;

oh well, i lose then?

edit: Is it the wrong solution because the cause/how they murdered is wrong or is the whole solution wrong

he;s sooo gonna get fooled right now
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:13:51 PM by Nightwolf »
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
You can keep guessing or ask more questions if you want. The game doesn't end until someone either finds the correct solution or it remains unsolved for 5 days.

Normally, I shouldn't say what part of the solution is wrong, but I'll tell you anyway: the whole solution is wrong.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I don't beleive that you made this case ;-;

;-;
;-;

Did all three get equal shares in the will?

Was the will gonna be changed?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
All three get equal shares, and the will was not going to be changed.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
oh God this sucks..

this is serious: Did Ethan used to play pranks on people ?_?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yes. All during DTI, he was known to play pranks on people as a sign of saying that he was smarter than they were.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
So it could be like, the killer, say Emily was just playing a prank to scare him but she did it to hard?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
No, Emily (or any of the others for that matter) was not the type to play pranks on people. Only Ethan liked to play pranks.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
were there two doors to the elevator?

some elevators open from both sides, ya know =D

Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
There's only one door, but there are two ways to exit the elevator. Remember the grate on the elevator ceiling leads straight into the elevator shaft. However, the hinges on the grate are such that it can only be opened from the inside of the elevator, so the door is the only way into the elevator.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
If Ethan knew that he'd be killed before the guests arrived, then he must have planned the murder.

Which leaves me to believe the he committed suicide.

How big were the holes in the grate, if it had any? Would they have been big enough for a bathrobe belt to slip through?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yes, I would definitely say the holes in the grate were big enough for a bathrobe belt to slip through.