RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My old VB6 project, Ragnarok.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Biohazard's project reminded me of some of my old projects, so I decided to dig around in my old computer files, and I managed to find my first visual basic project that I ever created: Ragnarok. It's an interactive story I made in tenth grade back when I was just beginning to learn visual basic. It's not much, but's it's fairly addictive and a wonderful plot. The story goes like this:

You are an agent in the Vigrid Secret Service, and you have been given a mission to investigate why robots have been attacking humans lately. But you soon discover that the root of the problem is much deeper than anyone possibly imagined, and only you can save the planet Vigrid from disaster.

It's heavily based on the old Sega Genesis games. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know if you have any problems playing it.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XC4OQBRL
(Note: you have to put the file directly in your C drive.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 08:36:09 PM by Zylos »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm in grade ten, and I'm just finishing up my first course in visual basic.  And ragnarok, as soon as I read it, I just yelled copyright infringement.  I'll have to check it out some time.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Ragnarok refers to the actual event of Norse myth, not the online game.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, the norse myth is pretty crazy.  What with the giant wolf and shit, and stuff on fire.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
BTW, if the program works alright, could someone do me the curtesy of making it an .exe? My version of VB6 is unable to do that and I want to make it so that people without visual basic can still play the game.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
May I ask you about your experience level in VB6?  If you don't mind.  ^_^;

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Sure. I took two years of programming in high school for my technology credits. One could rate me as somewhere between intermediate and expert programmer. I'm good and can program almost anything you ask of me, but I'm not anything special.

Ragnarok was the first project that I made in that class.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you for the info.  ^_^;

If you don't mind, would you help the RMRKU project in the future, when we start dealing with a real engine?  It will most likely be an engine based from Mirage Source.  Or VBGore, I still don't know.  But all these engines have a similar base structure, and they are programmed in VB6.  I have tried to deal with the source codes myself, but I am a beginner, so there was little I could do.  And I recently lost my VB6 when my old computer 'died'.  So no way I could move it to this laptop.

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I make no promises, but I'll see what I can do for you whenever you're ready.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you very much!  I'll let you know.  ^^

Rep:
Level 86
I use Microsoft Visual Studio, and I had to run the upgrade wizard with your source, which went flawlessly, but so much of your code is outdated, that I got 991 errors when I tried to compile it.  :tpg: