RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[CANCELLED FOR NOW] Konkoden, Siphon Chronicles (Now with Demo)

Rep:
Level 86
Story
Arto is a 17 year old treasure hunter who stumbles upon a barried secret forgotten 100 years ago. After getting a tip rom a mysterias cloaked man Arto and his treasure hunting team  Saska & Sakura head to uncover this "treasure" but endup finding out it was a trick  and the treasure turns out to be a bannished man known as Riku is unleashed The struggle for the  planet  begins after a suprise attack Arto loses contact with his friends and family and is teleported to a distant part of the world starts to fight for humanity and stop Riku from getting "The power of the ancients known as Siphon " wich would make him a god among men.
Spoiler for:
Characters
Arto
Main character

Sakura
Artos friend but not a big character in the game

Saska
Artos friend but doasn't become a big character till the near end of the game

Lass
Arto's mother Important character but not main

Sophie
Sophie is half cat half human. She is hyper and really positive and fun to be around

Renkin
Renkin is a battle tough ex-worroir who settled down in a small villege and now protects it. he is a small character

April
April is a Nice and genoras girl. She always now how to make people feel better and has a positive attitude. She is also fond of Arto ;)

Kenshin
Kenshin is a black mage who is quite and very calm. He is never mad and rarely smiles but he is all for stopping Riku

Jacob
Jacob is a mysterios boy and no one knows anything about him or even what side he is on but he he seems to have taking a small liking to Arto and his friends
Demo Is here finally

Spoiler for:
Images at the end of thread

Currently could use 1 more beta tester PM me if your intrested maybe more depending on what you can help with  ;)

Spoiler for:
Game length Expectense
I currantly want to make it about as long as Final Fantasy VII but not quite as long but close to it

Note Demo when posted will be about an hour to an hour in a half long

Hope it sounds intresting to someone  :P

Extra info
Spoiler for:
Konkoden is a series like final fantasy and suikoden if all go's well then this will be Konkoden I others have been made but remained unfinnished but as things are looking so far it will be completed lol I'm determend

Extra Note: My title is of Moghunters animated title Script and I couldn't change the new game load game graphic because of the format so plz don't accuse me of stealing or sumthing I changed as much as i could lol

UPDATE: I now have the official wallpaper/Poster for Konkoden :D (I'm really happy about it)

As of now My game is cancelled, My computer crashed and I lost my backup files and my game I will try to make a remake but I will probably start a new Konkoden game soon :'(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:25:53 PM by BloodyChaos »

Rep:
Level 86
Update got all the characters added
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 06:12:44 AM by BloodyChaos »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
You made it in VX?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
What's with these people?!?
Looks interesting. I might play the demo when it's out. The plot isn't that bad, but it could use touchups. But that's not without knowing it's still in development stages :) I'm sure you'll do fine with this!

Rep:
Level 86

Rep:
Level 86
Nicee

And I love the title screen :bean:

One of the best rpg maker xp games ever!Try it out!
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com

Rep:
Level 86

Rep:
Level 86
The Demo will hopefully be up on Friday at the latest I am just working out some glitches now

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
VX has its own quality, I suppose ;D
Good luck on the demo.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
Update! Demo is now up but as a before warning spelling and grammer Suck so try to ignore it it will be fixed later I am waiting for sumthing so please ignore that :)  :P

Rep:
Level 86
Oh I just remembered sumthing lol I give alot of potions on accedent So like tomorrow I will update The download link lol srry bout that

Rep:
Level 87
From the graves of dead patriots springs a nation
i downloaded the demo earlier and played for about half an hour i taught it was pretty good

but keep in mind there are actually alot of resources for VX no need to use the RTP

and keep an eye on the spelling

otherwise it was good and intresting with an easy to follow story line ;D

Rep:
Level 86
Thnx I am putting up A updated version with less potions givin out and the forest isn't messed up. Uh btw way what do you mean other recourses other than RTP?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:00:52 AM by BloodyChaos »

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
What's with these people?!?
People make other resources for RMVX, that it a good thing because the RTP is more limited then previous RMs(to me anyway).

Rep:
Level 86
Oh ok lol thnx

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Oh ok lol thnx
Some of the files are missing. When I tried to view the 'status' screen in the menu it gave me many file not found errors.

Hope this helps. Good luck with this game. :3 It shows great promise.

Rep:
Level 86
ya I dont know whats wrong with it its in the script and I didn't write it MOG did lol i wish i could fix it thnx though

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
I tried the demo, and it was alright, but I found a lot of bugs. Most of them event related.
1. The item shop guy in the first town disappears after I talk to him once. He never comes back.
2. I can open all the treasures, and get all the quest items as much as I want. To prevent this, I advise you use the "Self Switch" function to turn on switch A, then make another page of the event and check the "If Selfswitch A is on" on the event conditions. That way, once u get a quest item/treasure, you cannot keep getting it.
3. Do the same thing as above with all your quests and dialog, as all the main characters tend to repeat the same things over and over until you get the next item.
4. Get rid of that script, cause I don't really see any use for it other than looking pretty. It relies on graphics, and you don't have all the graphics to use a CMS like that. The default or another simpler CMS might be better.

Some minor things were some of the maps had tiles placed incorrectly, although not a big deal. Also minor spelling errors, and inconsistency with capitalization in the text.

Besides that, everything else seems fine. Good luck with this game.

- -

Rep:
Level 86
Lol thnx for telling me I fixed the treasure stuff and the disapearing guy a while ago I just never updated the demo because Im upgrading the intire game all the time I was still learning how to use switches and pages and stuff but its all fixed now as soon as I finnish setting up my new Battle script im going to update the demo ;)