RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
in need of help with a hud system

Rep:
Level 87
so for my game I'm making i wanted to do a HUD, but I'm having trouble executing it. and i was hoping someone here could lend me a hand.

the HUD has 3 components to it:

1 - The party block: this is a thin black transparent block which will have the current characters in your teams faces on it.

2 - The Shuffle Party button: when pressing this your characters will shuffle upwards once example: your party is ... lets say Khael, Dala, Brant and Cornell. Your character your moving around is Khael, but you want to play as Cornell, you would hit the shuffle button 3 times to get Cornell to be you "leader" basically i want this button to serve as a sort of row function.

3 - Leader Skill Button: So Khael is your leader out of your party of 4. he can use his sword to chop down bushes. but every time you shuffle the leader changes so to does this button (same button different skill)

now i know what i want and i have a vague understanding of how to pull it off but every time i try at it i get mixed up and confused and ultimately get stumped. so can someone please help me out here?

im using pictures to try and pull this off but i just cant bring it all together. Please please please help. also im using RM2K3 thanks in advance.