RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Chronicles of Black

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
*Warning, This topic contains scenes of making fun of nintendo, techno and Asian wannabees, Viewer discretion is advised*

Based on a true story
Story: In a world where techno is cool... In a world where evil is playing gamecube... Only one man can stop this... An epic adventure in a school full of hardcore asians (this is not racist im asian too). Will you rise to the top?

Play as Ali Abubaker, a african american citizen out to save the world from evil, Fight kids and try not to get a detention. Choose your path... as a gangster, a nerd, an A.Z.N or a total loser.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes:
Unknown-New to school, you don't know who to hang with.

>No abilities untill you pick a group

Gangster-You wear G-Unit clothing and listen to rap, You beat up kids for fun
 >Ability to start fights at random
 >Ability to steal peoples money
 >Teachers will keep an eye on you
 >People will respect you

Skater-You skate, listen to punk and wear riped up skater clothes
 >Ability to join any fight
 >People will make fun of you

AZN-You play online games too much, you wear puma stuff, you eat at restuarantes everyday, all you talk about is nintendo and "Super Smash"

>Ability to get discounts when shopping
 >Some people will like you
 >Respect is hard to earn
 >Teachers may pick on you
 >High money rates
 >Microsoft hates you

Nerd-You have minimal freinds, all you do is computers, you don't shower
 >Ability to change grades with a computer
 >High chance of getting beat up
 >Most likly be Teachers Pet

Fag/Loser-You have no freinds, You get beat up everyday, You have low grades, and you are poor

>Ability to rat people out
 >Ratting people out may get you killed
 >Hard to get food due to low money income
 >No chance of a date

Girly man-You hang with girls, act like a girl, you pretty much are a girl
 >High chance of getting a date
 >High chance of getting a date with a guy
 >High chance of getting beat up

Lebs-You beat up people for respect, you have extreamly high income, known for brute strength

>High Income
 >High Respect
 >Gangsters won't like you

Goths-You wear dark clothing, you talk about pain and suffering, you listen to emo
 >You scare people easly
 >Ability to use voodoo dolls

Smoker-You smoke, you deal, you kill
 >Ability to deal
 >Low respect

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Type: Life Simulator
Using: RMXP
Features:
 >Job change system
 >Story outcome depends on job
 >Free world (go where you want when you want, but stay in school if you want to pass)
 >Each job has own music tracks
 >Live life at school as any kind of person
 >Respect System
 >Grading System
 >Eat or Die System
 >Night and Day maps

Your computer must be fast then 40FPS, To check, test a game and press F2.

*if you are offended by this post then you should of read the warning*

Creators: Me, and Blackneseboy

- -

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Wow... thats really different. What do you have against nintendo, techno and Asian wannabees? Oh, I would love to is some screenshots!

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
yes very different indeed and hey i happen to like techno lol better than wanabe gangster stuff but anyways yah put up some screenies for us to see preferably one where the main char gets beat up

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Fighting people brings up your respect, More respect the more people respect you. Depending on who you be freinds with is what group your gonna be in. Has anyone seen this in real life somewhere?

This game is pretty much life in school...

- -

Rep:
Level 91
Fag/Loser-You have no freinds, You get beat up everyday, You have low grades, and you are poor
>Ability to rat people out
>Ratting people out may get you killed
>Hard to get food due to low money income
>No chance of a date

then why the heck would anyone choose that?! ><""""
oh, and the girly man was funny :P

WE WANT SCREENIES! WE WANT SCREENIES!

Rep: +0/-0Level 92
Guess who's back
YOU want screenies! YOU want screenis!

....And so do I!

Quote from: MrMoo

Skater-You skate, listen to punk and wear riped up skater clothes
 >Ability to join any fight
 >People will make fun of you

Remove the punk part, because the misconcspetion is skaters are punk, but that's far from the truth. In fact a lot of real punks dont like skaters.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Take note im updating first post everyday, No screenies till I get a characterset, I got most of the music and tilesets ready, I need to make the actual game itself...

- -

sound really cool, I can't wait till u get the maps started (SCREENSHOTS!!!!!!!!!). Good luck!

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
SCREENSHOTS
I made a couple, ar'nt all that great but its a start. got respect points working too. and the sprites suck for now...

Respect gained working

The school

Alan mach gonna do a rave?

Uh, thats some light show... (balls move left and right really fast)

You get to turn lights on and make him wave his arms, Bad deeds give you respect. Notice everythings still plane and simple? I just finished like 5 maps and posted them, like only 3 event in each.

More better ones later

- -

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
:whoa:  mapping might kill ur game....
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
You need to make your maps more detailed. They look so plain ...  :|

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
They look plain on those, The whole map itself is alot bigger and more detailed. anyways i never added people to most of em yet.

More of the City

Penbrooklyn (Penbrook)

Job Change

Oh no! What have i become!

- -

Rep:
Level 91
errr... work on your mapping :S
although i really like how the game sounds. what is the main goal?

Cool game. I'm asian too and the game does kinda remind me of real life in school. It game also reminds me of GTA:San Andreas because of the whole gaining respect thing.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
I guess most of the indoor maps kinda suck, Your main goal depends on the job.

Gangster: Gain most respect and become the Crime lord of the city
Azn: Become even more asian then the asians themselves. (beat them in games and stuff)
Skater: Beat all the skaters, (kinda like tony hawk, but with crappy moves)
Fag: Try to become aa normal kid again
Girlyman: Enter the fashion show and become Miss "WTF"
Nerd: Become the smartest person in the city
Smoker: Smoke every type of smokey thing known to man
Leb: Beat the gangsters in a gang war
Goths: Make pain and suffering aroud the world

It's kinda like "to be the best at this job"
I'll make up better stuff later...

- -

Rep:
Level 90
Looks good, though I think you should add somethings like:

Normal Kid
Loner

etc.

You'd be surprised at how many different types there are (maybe...). A normal kid is just someone who doesn't really fit into any of the catagories you listed. and you don't really have a Loner (the one kid who prefers to be alone). Though a loner can't really be better than other loners... except maybe being the "most alone".... lol.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
You start off as a normal kid and turn into any of the classes, loner would be like a fag. Anyways there is no such thing as a "normal kid". Everyone has their groups.

- -

Rep:
Level 90
I would like to argue that point. I see myself as none of the above listed. So, I'm sorry of your narrow point of view.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
You don't have to be in the above, those are just the majority of the school. How can you be normal if you don't know what is normal or not normal? How can you tell your normal if no one else is normal? Everyone thinks they are "Normal" becuase they think their group is better, but when they join another group, they think that group is better. You always want to be better than anyone else. If you live in the ghetto, high chance you will be "gangster" or "street like", If you lived where a bunch of vietmese people lived, your gonna be Azn or Azn wannabe, people comfort themselves with thoughts of being better than everyone untill they find out they are all in the same group.

My point is, there is no normal

Anyway about the game, I'm making it so when you pass the exam you go to next term. Next term will open new maps and stuff to do, kinda like GTA:SA.

- -

You need some more stereotypes like: punk, prep, or geek, oh and don't forget jock

Mapping really sucks no offence.
But what's the goal.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
strange, my testers say its pretty detailed, I don't know how my mapping really sucks but when I see some people, thier maps only use 1 or 2 layers, so don't be bitching over uncomplete maps.

I don't think simulators are suppose to have goals, but for school, I think the goal is simple, Pass. If you pass a few terms, you unlock more maps, cities, and other stuff.

I added this thing where if you talk to key people, you can be friends or enemies with them. Most people are just NPCs that say useless crap or sell stuff, Key NPCs are the ones who you can do stuff like, Talk, Action, or Gift. Actions include, Steal Item, Steal Money, and Fight. Gift depends on who it is.

- -

I say you should add a drifter class. Drifter's are those who have friends in most other groups and go from one to the other.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Sorry I could'nt update more, I was busy playing MMOs lol. Anyway I added alot of scripts and it looks extreamly customized.

Scripts
-Custom Title Sceen
-Custom Menu
-Custom Status Screen
-Custom Save/Load System
-Eat or Die
-Custom Shop Menu

Graphics
-My own window skins
-Modern City Tilesets
-Student characters

Audio
-All Music in MP3 format for best quility
-Music from various artists
-Special city and event music

Menu

Shop

Status

Title

Btw I know i spelled Chronicles wrong and fixed it after this screenshot

- -

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Cool game, will you ever grow hair?

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Quote from: purifier
I would like to argue that point. I see myself as none of the above listed. So, I'm sorry of your narrow point of view.

I was thinking this point of view is pretty narrow, too.

Not to mention politically incorrect.

It's like, "HEY!  Let's make a video game based on every stereotype possible!"

Who cares about being "Politically Correct"? Plus this is a clever idea for a game. It's a great satire of the ridiculeousness of stereotypes and cliques.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Okey, if you people are offended by this game and decide to post bull**** then thats the reason I'm making fun of idiots like you. I'm keeping the classes I put in the game so shut the hell up.

Anyways, I have a event runed system.
C/Space - Punch, Action, Accept
X - Cancel, Menu
Z/Shift - Item menu shortcut
A - Skill menu short cut

The skills are run by status effects, for example: Fury - Reduce 50% Vit for 25% Attack power. Useful if done correctly. Skills are gained by having enough Agi, and money to buy the skill. You train stats by doing puzzles at diffrent levels. (Battle System Run by Events and Variables)

Attack - Damage is based on weapon
Strength - Adds to critical damage
Stamina - Adds Vitality
Intellegence - Adds Energy
Agility - Used for skill progression

You gain money for everyday that passes, but only at your original house. You can buy other places but you have to work for money. You hunger goes down quick so it would be a good idea to stock up on food. I included a map in the manual incase you get lost in the first section of the city.

Current Locations - South East(Ghetto and Shopping areas) and North West(Suburbs), Industrial(Jobs and Law Enforcement), Banff National Park(Terrorist base and vacation spot), Jasper Icefield(Also no point to this place but what the hell).

Maps fill up with NPC's as you progress, some also act diffrent. People might attack you on some days becuase of respect points or something.

I made a Video and Wall paper(or a picture that could be used as one)
Posting it later

Making download version(60mb for good download and consumer needs, Not all quests, music, and maps are available, and after I release I
will never work on the download one ever again)

And a CD-Rom Version(150mb for maximum features, Alot more maps and quests, might upload it if people arn't scared to use their memory. Requires fast computers too)

New Screens:

Main Menu

Transition Between Cities

A washroom I guess

This is what I mean by Puzzle Training(but now u know half of this puzzle...)

Wall paper(remove window and use stretch)

- -

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
this looks like an aweseom game. oh, and welcome back. i havent seen you forever