RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Maps

Poll

How many maps should a game have

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.4%)
0 (0%)
3 (7.1%)
50+
38 (90.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
I heard some rumor about a limit of 500 for rm2k3.
i did copy paste maps and i had +750 maps.
just do the test yourself till 1000+
take a map,copy it and spam ctrl+v xD
i learned theres a limit for the map branches though xD

The limit is 999 maps... this is not good! My game is only 1/10th done and it's 120 maps!
Why make it into 2 games, and make the second like an expansion set? It's what I did for Demonic Blade I, just that I only had a total 125 maps ::)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 90
The kicker with my game is there are only 15 areas so far. I really don't want to split it, but I've been thinking lately I should split it into a trilogy, shorten it, beef up my 1/10th of the game into an entire continent. It's been a tough descision.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
I see what you mean, and by making it better and bigger, a trilogy would be easier to create! Just remember to end it on a cliff-hanger that'll make the player want to play the next game as well! ;)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
assuming you're making a zelda game,and the villages are usually +20-30 maps,you can easily make 2-3 maps for a village,instead of having 30 maps or so. look above,we mentionned it.=P

at least thank you for testing,now we know. you did it on rm2k3,right?
what was the ''error''message?

Rep:
Level 90
at least thank you for testing,now we know. you did it on rm2k3,right?
what was the ''error''message?

It was RPG Maker XP. The error was just something about how 999 maps is the max.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Xp huh?
i gotta try for rm2k3 then xD
Thx for letting me know*+1rep*

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=204

Read that. It has all of XP's limitations (quantity wise).

At the bottom is a short paragraph about RM2K(3) and the maps.
Sig by MacGravel

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=204

Read that. It has all of XP's limitations (quantity wise).

At the bottom is a short paragraph about RM2K(3) and the maps.

thx. lot of people will appreciate.

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
(Questions if that was sarcasm)

No Problem
Sig by MacGravel

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
no that wasn't sarcasm at all.
I don't use Xp, but I know lot of people will appreciate. since people are simply ''affraid'' of saying *thx for helping me*, I'm doing it XD (yea, I'm like that LOL)

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
lol Ok. I like to help.
Sig by MacGravel

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
same. i've been writting lot of tuts and he;ping the others lately.
included the mini-map event that lot of people requested.(people I know) go check it out if you want xD it's in tutorial database,first page. called ''Mini-map no script(Complete)''
Bet that helped lot of people xD

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Thanks but Im fine. Let's not get off topic.  ;8
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 85
"How many levels or maps should a game have i need to know. "

reply #38

I have to say 50+ and it depends on how big and how long your rpg game is. Depends of the growth of the game being made!
"If you build it, they will play it"

Rep:
Level 84
Why not re-use maps, that is have different challenges on them at different parts of the game. Then you don't need a lot of maps, you just make your maps versatile.

The amount of maps is irrelevant, what you do with them is what is important.

Rep:
Level 86
Bringer of chaos!
Blue eagle has a point.. yet he is also wrong.. Sure having versatile maps is nice and all.. but the number is definitely important!

I know for a fact. that if someone made a game with 10 maps.. yet every time you stepped onto that map.. there was a new challenge.. i would get bored with the scenery and probably exit the game before finishing it.

So.. having versatile maps is a yes, But also having lots of maps is a yes to!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Old thread is old, and its creator is not coming back.

:lock: