RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pop-up problem :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
My problem is that whenever I restart my comp or try opening a disk a pop-up comes up stating the rpg maker needs like configuring or something.  It's bugging me... alot.  When I removed rpg maker it didn't happen anymore, but I love my rpg maker :P  Any help?  I'm using P.Knights-E.E.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i get this a lot seeing as all my friends come to me with problems.

can you type exactly what the error says here then i might have some idea

that means every single word of it ;)

Rep:
Level 90
what version of windows u running on sometimes it just your version of windows.
Yay i got a zoo sort of

It hasn't actually happend in a little while, and it isnt an error box, its an installer box.  It first tries obtaining the needed files, cant find them, and then prompts me to give the location of the files.  And I'm using XP.  (By the way, I'm not a n00b to computers or anything... So don't talk to me like one:

that means every single word of it

(That is not supposed to sound angry or anything)

Rep:
Level 90
like whts the file name its trying to find or get?
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
apologises sometimes emotions are hard to convey through text i meant just to make sure sometimes i get only the keywords without the rest

Lets just forget about it :P

Anywayz, I don't remember the file name exactly, because the pop-up hasn't come up in a few days now, but it was looking in like C:\documents and settings\*user name*\local\temp\is50\  or something along those lines.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
temp there well as it says temporary files

when i download a .exe file it saves it to my temp folder if i told the pc i wanted to run it as soon as it had finished it stays in the temp folder. if i click save then it copies itself from the temp folder to my prefered location.

if it hasnt came up in a few days then yoour temp files may have been cleaned as they can do themselves after a time or filesize you set. or you can do it manually

thats about all i can think of that the error is on about