RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Uploading Questions [RMXP]

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I just curious how do I go about upload a project here, and how would I upload it without all the contents and just the game itself. Thanks. :)
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
You have to compress it first, you'll find the command under the file tab. Then you can either upload it directly by attaching it to your post (if the size is small enough), or uploading it to a host like Sendspace or such.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
how long does it usually take to upload here? game file size is 128MB.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
you can't upload it straight to here then... Max file size is 10340 kb... and your project is 131072 kb...

In other words, you need to host it on a site like mediafire, although I hear that there are better hosts... I just never can be arsed to find them...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
is it possible to make it smaller, cause it has everything in it, i just want the person to be able to play them game only, and not be able to make there own adjustments or cheat or take my resources.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
a-huh...

Wow, ok, just wow.

What you're talking about is an encrypted file and it isn't any different from the regular game files other than it makes it impossible for the player to open the game in RM...

But, to be honest, no one here is gonna steal your resources, scripts, and they would only "cheat" in order to find out how to help you fix your game.

(Feel honoured, I was going to start a diatribe against you, but decided against it)

ANyways...

There is no way to reduce the game from 128 mb to 2 mb, no matter how hard you try... Unless you take out the graphics, music, events, scripts, and pretty much everything else that doesn't fall into the other categories, and give us the bare skeleton of a project.

Just upload it onto a hosting site! It's the only way!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
128MB is massssive for an XP game. Are you sure you're using ALL the resources?

Are your sound/music files compressed?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Using the majority of the resource, like I have more maps and stuff that go further than the demo, that could be it, but ehh it just send most of the day to upload it to a hosting site, got any good free ones? and ill also try to add spoilers on the page to when I share the link.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
It's probably the audio folder, you should really check what songs you're using and which ones you actually need. Anyways, people seem to like Mediafire, Megaupload, and Sendspace. Just Google them and you'll find them.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
i look for midis as i need them, it could be the extra maps that I have started on and the battlers/Character that I recoloured. but its no biggy, I posted a link on my other topic, so you all can download the game now.