RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NEW TUTORIAL: GTA STYLE, PACKAGE FINDING

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
Well guys, I didn't think i could do it, but i did  ;) Ok heres how it goes, using my little knowledge of variables and constants, and using Thecro's event tutorial, I was able to create a unique system, where the player has to find "Packages" in the form of "chests" GTA style. The packages, if found, will have a certain reward within finding them. And for finding all chests, you get a huge reward for finding all.

Here it is:

Coming soon, need to learn how to add images, XD srry for the delay.

Heres what it should look like for the first page

Heres what it should look like for the second page

Requirements:

Switches: Treasure Hunt Reward, Chest Found
Variable: Treasure Hunt

Okay, you need to create these switches and variables.

Treasure Hunt Reward: You need to make it so that this switch goes off only once, for finding all the chests.

Chest Found: You need to make it, so that if a chest is found, it won't be found multiple times.

Treasure Hunt: It's a variable, and it counts to the number of chests needed to get the treasure hunt reward.

How to add local switches, variables, and just plain switches, and what are they?

Variable: Make a new event, right click the white space (this is how you add commands) and click on variable. you must name it. For this, it is required that you name it Treasure Hunt "Count is preferable". a variable is just like a counter. I could be used to mark off things you've done, found, or whatever. It basically keeps track of what is going on.

Local Switch: It's just fancy name for something to not repeat over n over again. lol. For this, it is required that you make a second page (click new page) and head on over to a bunch of conditions. Click local switch A is on. This will prevent the repeat of page one. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN IT, IT WILL LOOP, AND THERE IS POSSIBLY NO WAY TO END IT. Leave it blank.

Switch: simple as it sounds, think of it as a light switch. In this, you will need it so that thing's do not repeat over, and over again.

Well, i'll come up with a basic Step list on how to do everything I just said.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:27:41 AM by Ruhani777 »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
xD add images is an event command, just make sure to have the files in the picture folder.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Very good, this can be useful for the game I am making.
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Hm, this could have been done simplier. Why do you need that 2 extra switches? And don't set it parallel process on the second page.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 87
there arent any extra switches, let me explain you the reward switch. if the player finds all the chests, then the reward switch will activate upon the variable, and it'll give the player the money.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
but all you do is turn them on then turn them off...they really don't seem necessary...

Otherwise, it is good.

Rep:
Level 87