RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Variable Help

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
A Good Heart starts with a Good Mind.
Hey could someone tell me what variables are for,I never knew and im curious,all this time I have used switches,but what are variables,I would appriciate it alot for help. ;D

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Variables is simply something that holds a value. Switches hold values too, they just hold two; on or off. Variables can only hold one value which must be an integer. What makes variables special is that they can be heavily manipulated. You can preform difeernet math functions with a varible. You can decrease/increase/divide/ multply/modulo etc. You can manipulate them with a set number or by another variable. If you want to see this in action I suggest you look at Grafikal009's bank system( http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31324.0.html ).
If you are still unsure please post what your ar unsure about or look around for a variable tutorial. I hope I helped.

Click for my current project.