RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sound event makes game freeze?

Rep:
Level 89
I have a common event set up to play a heart pulsing sound when you get hurt a certain amount.

I used one of the built-in "knock" sounds to make it
It plays it twice, then waits 20 frames. The two beats repeat 4 times.

When this happens, the game freezes until the sound ends. I want to be able to keep moving/fighting while this is going on. Whats the problem? I'm guessing it has to do with the "wait 20 frames" thing. So I fI just had a sound file of the heartbeat itself without waiting, would that fix the problem?
NOTE: I have this event set up as "parallel" already.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Draylorn
I have a common event set up to play a heart pulsing sound when you get hurt a certain amount.

I used one of the built-in "knock" sounds to make it
It plays it twice, then waits 20 frames. The two beats repeat 4 times.

When this happens, the game freezes until the sound ends. I want to be able to keep moving/fighting while this is going on. Whats the problem? I'm guessing it has to do with the "wait 20 frames" thing. So I fI just had a sound file of the heartbeat itself without waiting, would that fix the problem?
NOTE: I have this event set up as "parallel" already.

there's a little trick you can use, make an event on a map you can't access, then instead of the wait event, simply make that event walk a couple of steps, and use the command right underneath it (theoreticly) the one that waits until the movement finishes.

that's my 2 cents, if this doesn't work, then I dunno.

EDIT: instead of making a separate map with an event (wont work) just make the common event itself 'walk' so to speak.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
aha your idea worked for me! Thank you! Actually I didnt need to make it take any steps at all. I made my common event use the "move" command, and just used the same method that way. I checked the "ignore if can't move" box just in case, and now it's going great thanks a lot! :)