RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event triggering another event

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I'm kind of new to rpg maker xp, and is there a way for an event 1 to trigger event 2 (so the content of event 2 is going to run) by event 1 touching event 2 and vice versa.  --to simplify: like trigering an event "player touch"- where the player touches an event so the content of that event can run- how to make an event (not player) touch an event so the content will run??                                  -- if you can only do it by changing the script, please tell me exactly what to write where- thanks in advance and feel free to ask anything when I learn this program:)

Rep:
Level 90
Set a move event. Move wutever u want over to it and wait for the moves completion. Then activate a switch and name it like erm Begin other event. Then have the other events preconditions set to the switch and set it on parralell process. Then after it does wut it needs activate a local switch and make a new page and make the graphic the same and make it need that local switch set.

Example.....

You walk up to a cart and touch it "Push it" and the move event moves it 7 []s to the ---> and 1 [] down. When it stops rite infronta erm a switch... It activates a switch. Then on the other thing the switch... Its precondition is set to the switch that u activated in the previous event. And it does what it needs. There u go :D

yes, but that wont work with what i want to do.  (well maybe it will but it will take too long) I really need that "trigger by touching"-- it will allow me do different kind of games.  For example: when I press the action button I fire a misslle, I don't know where exactly will I shoot the missle at so switches won't work.  But when something can trigger by another event touching it ( the missle) then the switch will activate and that something will be destroyed:) - I hope you understand and please help me:-) Thank You.

Now I tried to swich an event (a character) with the player- so when I use something the character is going to move and touch a different event.  (so the real character you are going to play with is actually an event)- But when I set the trigger in one event "event, or player touch" nothing happens when I set "set move route" for the player- the event doesn't trigger.  Please, somebody with ruby scripting knowledge- help me.

Rep:
Level 91
use variables, save the player and the event x and y
switch them using change event location and teleport
and use move event to change the graphics of the hero and the event

use flash screen for 3-4 frames to cover the changes and that's it -.-
holy shit my sig was big!