RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Square's New Engine: Luminous

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Except for the person who has to carry the chalice.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Except for the person who has to carry the chalice.

"Its my house, my game, so I get the black controller, you get the shitty purple on that doesn't work right and you have to carry the chalice".

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Lol :D I think we always took turns, or whenever we'd play at my friend's house his little brother would have to carry it.

I played the majority of my game time single-player, though. Packed so many hours into it. I'm thinking of buying a second copy just because I can't find my original in storage (probably packed as a buffer in some random box :( ).

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I was born several months before it released in Australia. A few months after it released in the US. As a result, I ain't got none them nostalgia goggles.

This is true, but it also has a reverse effect, in that FFVI was the biggest RPG ever created when it came out, as was Chrono Trigger after it. To play it years later after other stuff is to lose that aspect. Its like trying to go back to a PS1 game, or even some PS2 games today for me.

The only PS1 games I find myself going back to, from time to time, is FFIX, Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Cross. Those are the only PS1 games that really hold up well for me. I haven't even touched a PS2 game in forever - except for Disgaea, because I love it.