RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Binding Of Isaac

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is the best indie game I've played all year. Its sort of like Smash TV/Zelda 1/Roguelike/Insanity.

Its made by part of Team Meat. You can look up the plot pretty much anywhere, so I won't go into those details. I'll just say that I bought it when I was waiting for the Rage update, and it took over all of my attention. There are 100 different items, and they combine into different things. Random dungeon layouts, random monsters, pretty much random everything. This is usually the opposite of what I like, but it just works so well in this game. I've cleared it 5 times so far, and I've only uncovered about 3/4 of the items.

As far as the visual style/subject matter, I'm a little torn. The cutesy/sickening thing has been done before, but in this game it works very well. There's almost a sadness to the game, because while you get upgrades and stuff, your little character is actively becoming disfigured. Sometimes its very poignant, but then other times it resorts to poop and fart jokes. (You know I have nothing against those, but it makes the game feel slightly bi-polar.) I don't know what else to say, but for $5 you should all totally get this game. Its fucking great.

Oh yeah, and the soundtrack is amazing, too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9au_e0im0aM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9au_e0im0aM</a>

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
this game is the shit. have like 15 hours of playtime in it.

oh, and the DLC was just released not too long ago. 100+ new items yeeeeee

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah it just came out, I picked it up too.
The game is just solid.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This game is one of my favorites of all time, which is saying a lot.