RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
WASD movement system

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I was bored, so here is a quick and dirty WASD movement system made with events

- Zeriab
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:21:26 PM by Zeriab »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
YAY! A ZERIAB TUTORIAL! Just make some on scripting, pretty please? XD I'm going to try this out... But is it possible to have this replace the Up,Down,Left,Right instead?

Rep:
Level 92
Sure, you should have no trouble changing this to up, down, left, right.

Just change the conditional branches which checks for key pressed

R = UP
Y = DOWN

X = LEFT
Z = RIGHT

btw... If I were to make another tut on scripting the level would probably be about the same as with my RegExp tut ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
C'mon! It's too hard... T_T Also, I haven't tried it out, but would the directional things override the event or vice versa?

Rep:
Level 92
Not if you have one of the systems on Autorun. If you put both triggers to Parallel Process, then yes.
In fact, if you set both to parallel without changing the event otherwise you will have to ways of movement and you can let the player decide which to choose.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Autostart. o.o But... are you able to... you know... talk to NPC's and do things normally? Also, do parallel processes work during autostart events?

Rep:
Level 92
I have just tested an you can't talk to NPC's like normally.
Parallel processes does however work.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
So basically to talk to NPCs you have to make parallel processes that check if you're at a certain spot, facing a certain way, and pressing a certain button? XD Is there any possible way to change it like changing the default scripts or something?

Rep:
Level 92
No no no...
If you set the two events on parallel processing you can speak with people just fine.
Making it so that you talk to NPCs with the Autostart solution is a bit more tricky because just triggering and starting the event is not enough.
If you manage to do that it'll wait until the Autostart is over before getting interpreted.
Any scripts that changes this will more than likely bring great compatibility issues with it.