RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapping Tutorial: Making a Fort - Exterior

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Howdy! I'm here today to show you how to make a fort (exterior)!

1. Make a map using fort exterior, set the size 30x30
Spoiler for:

2. Next, make a road near the middle of the map, it goes to the front of the fort.
Spoiler for:

3. Next, make the front outline of the fort, make sure the sides reach the side of the map, so the only way to get past the fort is by going inside.
Spoiler for:

4. Now, fill in the top with the walkable ground of the tower and make the back, have a three spot open place straight from where the front road is.
Spoiler for:

5. You can add towers on the top, you don't HAVE to but you can. Also add some windows.
Spoiler for:

6. Next, add some banners around the fort.
Spoiler for:

7. Add some guards around on top of the tower, don't want any thieves around do we now? Maybe also have some walking around too.
Spoiler for:

8. Next add some foliage and basically whatever you want around it!
Spoiler for:

9. Finally, the finished product! (I added a few things I didn't show on step 8, I told you add whatever you want, so don't worry!
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Just Helping.. And Getting Drunk :P
Good job! I think this can go in the tutorial databas, cause i havent seen a fort before i think.

And My Game Too When It Ever Finishes :P
Martynator and 24 Sneaky Snoopers are viewing this board.
Why don't they join then? :lol:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Thanks guys ^^

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
This'll be useful.
Great job.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Very well done!  ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
yea great tut i usually have trouble with forts. i think ill find this tutorial very useful

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Awesome! I'm glad to help ^^

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Excellent tutorial. Helped me a whole lot, I needed a fort for my game.  :)

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
your welcome lac!