RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] The Battle Theme, what does rmrk think?

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
I just compose this Battle Theme for the Castor Wars game, its not for free use, have a nice time
everyone!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuc_lnKFnns

PD: How i upload the file to the rmrk server????
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:43:37 AM by irock »

Do you want original music for your game? Take a look here! You may like it.
Visit my Youtube Channel to listen the newest tracks and subscribe if you like my work :)
Also I have my Soundcloud account:

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
I think it sounds Really good. It kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy 7. I Dont think it sounds like it though, Its unique.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
When you're posting there's a bit below the post form called Attachments and other options, expand that and you can attach files :)

As for your battle music I like it too :) The only improvement I could think of is filling out the orchestral a bit more.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It's pretty good. The music is fairly interesting (I wouldn't say it's that unique, but it is interesting enough to not be generic), and the instrumentation and overall sound is very believable/professional.

My only complaints:
1.) Like Roph said, there are a few points where it really seems to drop out. As if the backbone of the track suddenly dies out, or gets immediately quieter. It's very jarring, and the momentum of the piece suffers because of it. (And momentum is important in a battle theme.)

2.) I don't like how you treat certain instruments. You introduce them for mere seconds, and then they disappear again. The flute/piccolo comes in (0:34) and leaves just as quickly. After that, a brass thing comes in (0:47), but only for a second, and then it's gone. I feel that you're selling these parts short. You bothered to give them a part in the piece, so give them a bit more development, a little more time to express and idea before you move on to the next "solo" instrument.

Same goes for the harp. Harp glissandos are cool, but come on, use the instrument for a bit more than just that.

(Same thing goes for the marimba at 0:28. You use it a few other times, but just as an accent. If you're going to introduce such a unique instrument, be prepared to give it a larger contribution to the piece as a whole.) I was going to say that, but then I heard it being used later in the piece. It was hard to notice. Maybe you should make it a bit louder, so it stands out more.

3.) The first brass solo at 0:12, the sample needs more attack. The notes swell, and because of that you kind of lose sight where the downbeat is, and when the string come back in it feels like they're too early, even though they aren't. Just tweak the sample's settings a bit so the brass notes are played a bit more immediately.

edit: Sorry, I'm a tough critic sometimes.  :p
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:16:06 AM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
First of all... my english skills are not so good so i hope to write correctly...

You are right about the observations, mostly are mistakes of the wav. mixing because im not good at sampling hehe, the xylophone and harp are only used for accents and to make strong only some parts, but maybe a xylophone solo in the percussions passage may fit well, i always have issues when mixing the wavs mostly with the dynamics, although in the score are well written…

Speaking of the winds section, the winds do things  in the back when the horns are playing, because it’s the horns that will be doing the “heroic” melody, and then the strings, winds and percussions came like a response,  that is on purpose, you guys are right in the trumpet point, I should give more development to the trumpets,  I will re-sample the music and check that point and the horns attack next time!

Thanks for listening, and dont sorry, critics are good for you and for me ;D

Do you want original music for your game? Take a look here! You may like it.
Visit my Youtube Channel to listen the newest tracks and subscribe if you like my work :)
Also I have my Soundcloud account: