RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favorite RPG/Strategy games

Rep:
Level 65
When the wind blows.......
So guys question, what are your favorite RPG/Strategy games.

These are mine:
Fire Emblem series
Vandal Heart
Advanced War series
Final Fantasy Advanced series
Life Is just as clear

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Well.. First off, SUIKODEN!.
Anyways.. I just LOVE Starcraft. I feel like a beast in that game  :zidane:
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Phantom Brave

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Fire Emblem, and any tales series game, I'll also add Mass effect, and Hoshigami

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Aside from the other games already mentioned in this thread, I'll also add Eternal Eyes as a pleasant strategy game with a stupid story and easy gameplay mechanics.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
What is the "advanced" series of Final Fantasy? Do you mean the GBA ports with Advance in their titles?

Rep:
Level 65
Yes final fantasy advanced TACTICS, forgot the tactics. :D

Life Is just as clear

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was a tactics game for the GBA, separate from FFT on the PSX/PSP. FFTA2 was later released on the DS.

Yikes, first time I've posted in tandem with another. Oops?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I have eternal eyes! (for psone?) I never played too much, but I just found my disk. Maybe I'll break out my playstation and give it another go.

Civilizations
Command & Conquers
Red Alerts
Warcraft II

For RPGs, I don't know, but definitely The Witcher series. I'm having a hard time thinking of more at the moment, but off the top of my head the SNES Final Fantasys and Phantasy Star Onlines are great. If it counts, Unreal Tournament 2KX Invasion RPG.

Rep:
Level 58
Some days I dream that I exist as a mollusk.
Mega Man Battle Network (series)
Final Fantasy 1&2 Dawn of Souls
Civilization III
Age of Empires II (and III)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Baldur's Gate

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
>People posting exclusively RPG or exclusively RTS.

The point of the topic is Strategy Role Playing Games

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
No it isn't. Then the title of the thread would be "Favorite Strategy RPGs," which is the correct way to say it.

Rep:
Level 97
Just because he doesn't say it right doesn't mean that's not what he means.
Every single game in the opening post is a strategy rpg.

Rep:
Level 94
Alright, then. Every Nippon Ichi game is good, and yeah FF Tactics is also good. Tactics Ogre is fun, but one if my favorite games is Jeanne D'Arc. Its pretty underrated. Its one of the few SRPGs that I've totally completed.

But those are Japanese titles. For western ones, obviously Heroes of Might and Magic is an excellent series, as is King's Bounty. Disciples 3 is good, too, nut critics didn't really like it very much.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Advance Wars isn't an SRPG but whatever. One of my favourites too.

Rep:
Level 65
 ??? Seems i caused some confusion, oohh what a mess. Let me go get the map. Anyways Doctor Swordopolis is right i did post SRPG in the opening post.

Edit: Advanced Wars is not a SRPG  :o, mmmm i see

If i would more precise i guess (thinking) the only honest to god pure RPG i like is golden Sun and Final Fantasy 3

But no matter how you slice it almost all RPG games have a little strategy to them.
That's why we love them, thee trill of planning your attacks and seeing them go to work on your opponent.
To consider every possibility there decipher, decode it and defeat your opponent to epic music and fanfare sounding off into nothing.

Well time to move on to the next enemy!

Life Is just as clear

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Onimusha Tactics was an enjoyable one

Rep:
Level 97
Advance Wars isn't an SRPG but whatever. One of my favourites too.
"Advance Wars, known in Japan as Game Boy Wars Advance (??????????????? G?mu B?i W?zu Adobansu?) is a turn-based tactics video game"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn-based_tactics#Tactical_role-playing_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_role-playing_game
"A tactical role-playing game[1][2][3][4] (abbreviated as TRPG; sometimes referred to as strategy role-playing game, or SRPG"

And in this article Advance Wars is cited in a source. So suck my dick :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
Its not an RPG though. Its just a tactical strategy game, much like Nectaris.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
In that case
Civilizations 4 and 5
Heroes of Might and Magic 3

I haven't played many Japanese SRPGs, but Fire Emblem and the Pokemon mystery dungeon games are pretty cool, too.

Rep:
Level 97
Its not an RPG though. Its just a tactical strategy game, much like Nectaris.
You have to admit the Advance Wars games following Dual Strike can be classified as RPG, they're pretty much Fire Emblem with tanks.

Rep:
Level 94
I haven't played anything beyond the gba ones, but there were no persistent units, no equipment, no leveling, etc. in those.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Devil Survivor, I guess.

Rep:
Level 97
I haven't played anything beyond the gba ones, but there were no persistent units, no equipment, no leveling, etc. in those.
Oh well you get persistent units and leveling with days of ruin and onward. I never played the older ones ;o