RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dark Souls

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

OK I WOKE UP! Beat the game, got a level 99 pyromancer. Working on a cleric who's level 30 now.
The game is a 9/10. Almost completely 10/10 hands down but there are two things that really bug me. But before we get to that let me tell you about this masterpiece.

Yes that guy in the background is throwing lightning at that zombie dragon

For those of you who didn't play Demon's Souls, Dark Souls is an action RPG that revolves around killing things and stealing their souls. While Demon's Souls had a more arcade feel in that you had a central hub point, and different areas with bosses at the end, Dark Souls is a more open world that gives you tons of choices on how you're going to get your ass kicked. And the ass-kicking is plentiful, Dark Souls is considerably harder than its predecessor.

One of the smaller bosses

Now why would anyone but masochists want to play this game? Because it is quite literally the perfect RPG. There are so many attributes and all of them actually matter, every character you play changes the game up so much. While my first character was a massive armored fire and brimstone tank with a giant halberd and mastery over the fires of chaos who invaded players worlds who had sinned, my current character is a light armored cleric with a holy sword, the many powers of god, and helps out players in trouble.

Players can invade other player's worlds and kill them for souls

My only gripes are, while the game is damn beautiful, the framerate drops considerably sometimes. And the multiplayer can be frustrating to organize. FROM Software tried to make it to where you feel alone, but they made you feel a little too alone. Summons fail often, and more often than not you'll randomly get a message that says 'So and so tried to invade you but the server fucked up so whatever.' I didn't play much multi in Demon's Souls, but in this game its the bee's knees, which really leaves a bad impression when it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:18:09 PM by Nappa »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
There, now I'm gonna go back and play it.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
For those of you who haven't played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls,

You will die.

Like a bitch.

Over. And Over.

Again.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I really want to play these games. Gotta agree from what I've read and seen alone it does seem like the perfect rpg. Really really gotta get a PS3. :'(

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I've heard really good things about both games from people who know what they're getting into. We've had a few people return the game because they bought it and just didn't understand what it is. I loved the King's Field games, which are what these are the successor to, so I'm sure I'd like them if I played them, but I don't really play console games. When I get my PS3 someday, I'll be sure to go back to them. Also, the guide book for this game is gorgeous, and its in really short supply. If you can find a copy, I would say pick it up. We've been selling out of them like crazy.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
They're one of the first purchases necessary for a PS3.

But, like I said.

Be prepared to die.

At the worst possible time.

Right before the level boss, 10,000 souls?

Out of nowhere, axe to your head.

Back at the start of the level.

No souls.

LIKE A BITCH.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
I was trying out a new sword and I accidentally stabbed my blacksmith. So he fucking dropkicked me down a flight of stairs (not exaggerating at all.) and I had to grind 60k souls to absolve my sins so we could be friends again D:

On the bright side all of that grinding let me join the Warriors of Sunlight which made my phantom GOLD and let me throw bolts of lightning.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It sounds like a roguelike. Does it have elements of a roguelike?

Rep:
Level 97
Not really, you have a chance of losing all of your souls (which count as experience points and money) when you die, but everything is set in stone. Part of the game is memorizing attack patterns and enemy positions. The fun comes in that there are tons and tons of different enemies and other players provide a completely new challenge. Also whereas Demon's Souls had levels and if you died you started the level over, this game has bonfires that count as checkpoints and an open world. If you rest at a bonfire however, all the enemies in the world respawn.