RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Suikoden Duelling System?

Rep:
Level 87
Anybody have a script for the Suikoden duelling system? You know, it's basically a modified rock/paper/scissors, and it works really interesting for a mini game.

I would *really* appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:19:53 PM by Zeriab »
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It sounds pretty easy. Post up screenshots and details of the system and I will write it up for you. I have never played Suikoden before, so be very detailed.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
actualy it only sound easy but its realy complicated

1)its a side view battle system with a one on one fight where only the hero fight's alone
2)the one who hits is the one who wins at the rock paper scissors thing but the commands to this are attack / wild attack / defend and the other one forgot about it coz i played it like 3 years ago
3)its a realtime battle
4)when the main character lands a critical hit on the opponent the camera zooms and slows down the fps(like slow motion)
5)the diff in level and damage hp doesnt matter aslong as your good at rock paper scissor or just plain lucky

attack beats defend / wild attack beats attack defend / defeats wild attack

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
something you forgot, though, while attack beats defend, the damage is only lowered. The defender does not take full damage. As for wild attack, when it's used on a defender, the person will completely dodge the attack, and counter with about 1.5x damage.

When wild attack is used on an attacker, the attack is completely ignored and wild attack takes over.

hope that gives you more detail.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Okay, I'll get to work on it maybe tomorrow or the next day. But, how can it possibly be real-time battle if both need to choose something. Also, does the AI prefer any choice, does it's choice depend in any way on external factors, like HP?

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry for not responding, quickly guys. My internet blacked out, and I couldn't check on this topic.

Hmm, I don't know if I would call it a real time battle system. here's a video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KicQZbW_CYA

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xsjiIJGp1hU another video. This time from the fifth game. Same basic thing, only more fast paced.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 12:34:54 PM by Ikzai »
Poke!
Can you dig it?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Shouldn't you be able to do this with events?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It does look like he could easily do this with events, if he knows how.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Then maybe I misunderstood. But seeing the video makes me think it could be pulled of with switches and variables. Ignore me.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
mistake on my own part its not rtab ^_^ there is a life bar not life in numbers =)

Rep:
Level 97
And last, but not least, are stats and hp retained in the duel. What I mean is, are they scaled, or are all your stats the same in a duel as they are in a regular battle?

Rep:
Level 87
They're scaled, if I recall correctly.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 97
by how much?

Rep:
Level 87
I have no idea, really. >_< I hope someone else here will know.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
hmm well im not sure bout this but if i remember correctly say your level is 10 enemies lvl is 20 your life is like
5 while the enemy has about 10 well and if you do this can you make it that it will only be available if we use a call script? that would be the best tnx :D

Rep:
Level 87
hmm well im not sure bout this but if i remember correctly say your level is 10 enemies lvl is 20 your life is like
5 while the enemy has about 10 well and if you do this can you make it that it will only be available if we use a call script? that would be the best tnx :D

For serious. That would be better. o_o
Poke!
Can you dig it?

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Has anyone else here played Legion Saga?

Its a rm2k game that has a something very similiar to this...
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 87
XD It's what gave me the idea, honestly. Legion Saga is... well at least the first one, and a large sum of what I've played of the second, is a far more shallow version of Suikoden.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
An RM2K game called The Way(damn good game) pulled of a system similar to this with variables, switches, and the like so I can garuntee(sp?) that it IS possible to do this with events. Only real difference is that he did it with blade techniques that are called Blade Arts added to the mix as well. Regardless, that should provide at least a few ideas to who ever decides to do this request. Heck, the guy who did "The Way" even added his own custom menu so that's saying something about the power of events.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, for my own systems, I usually make them out of events because they are easier to debug, but not many people understand them when I post them, and so I generally work with scripts to fill requests. I'm not very good with RGSS, but this I should be able to do. I am not sure when I can start, as I have a few things to do before this, but once I start it should be ready within a day.

Rep:
Level 87
An RM2K game called The Way(damn good game) pulled of a system similar to this with variables, switches, and the like so I can garuntee(sp?) that it IS possible to do this with events. Only real difference is that he did it with blade techniques that are called Blade Arts added to the mix as well. Regardless, that should provide at least a few ideas to who ever decides to do this request. Heck, the guy who did "The Way" even added his own custom menu so that's saying something about the power of events.

Yeah, the Way is one of the best games I've ever played. (RM2K or an actual published game) I love it! Happy to see more fans of it.

Yeah, for my own systems, I usually make them out of events because they are easier to debug, but not many people understand them when I post them, and so I generally work with scripts to fill requests. I'm not very good with RGSS, but this I should be able to do. I am not sure when I can start, as I have a few things to do before this, but once I start it should be ready within a day.

Really? Thank you so much!
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
cant wa8 till this stuff is finish :D and i hope there is an added feature or a feature which you can use sprites ^_^ =p
that would be awesome ^_^ like say hero_attack.png like the same one with ccoas cbs if any one know bout it.

Rep:
Level 97
Soon, I will do this. I am having a little bit of trouble with the script I am making now, but if I don't finish it by Friday, I will just put it on hold and do this one. My estimate of a day, however, could be off. If you guys can find a website which has the exact specs of the system, that would be very helpful. Otherwise, I will just make it the best I can given what you guys have told me.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP

Rep:
Level 97
I'll start it today when I get back

EDIT: Alright, it's looking pretty good so far. I just started working on it for about an hour and I am over half done. I will complete it probably later tonight or tomorrow. The first version will be very basic, since as I have said, I am not exactly sure about the specifics of the system. Then, you guys will come in and tell me what is wrong / what is not included that should be, and then I will rework it into a better version, which will be v 1.0.

It will be DBS style, and then I will eventually make a version compatible w/ ccoa's for you dollmage. (It actually is compatible already, but it isn't in the same style)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 10:57:06 PM by Seamus »