RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] this is fairly easy for scripters out there, can any one make this???

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
its me again :D

can any one make a script that when battle enters  a sound corresponding to the hero would play but also it will be random what i mean is the one on star ocean you know when errr how to explain this
 ( im using 6 members so i hope you would provide that you can have 1 up to 6 or more members)
( you dont need to provide the sound ,it doesnt matter as long as its changeable )
battle begins
*if hero is level is 10 greater than enemey then
    if hero1 is in party then play "sound.mp3/mid"
    if hero2 is in party then play "sound.mp3/mid"
    if hero3 is in party then play "sound.mp3/mid"
    if hero4 is in party then play "sound.mp3/mid"( recorded voice like "oh its just them")

*if hero level is less then the enemy then
    if hero4 is in party then play "sound.mp3/mid"( recorded voice like "be carefull")

*if hero engage with boss then
    if hero4 is in party then play "sound.mp3/mid"( recorded voice like "something uniq")

*if hero wins with low hp then play the sound like "woah barely made it"
*if hero wins with low lvl enemies 10 lvl play sound like "piece of cake"
*if hero wins with lvl ranging from 5 to them selves then play sound like "saying something normal"
*if hero fights with an enemy greater lvl than him say 6 lvl up? say something like "we need more practice"

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:50:29 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
Not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but I think you can do that with some common events. Could you clarify what you want to have happen during battle, and what triggers it?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
He essentially wants a voice to play every time he enters battle, I think.
It can't be done with events if you have random encounters Yawg.

It doesn't seem like a difficult script. I'll give it a whirl when I have time next. That may not be soon, though, so don't count on it, and if anybody else wants to take the request, they are welcome to.

Quick question though: Do you have a script which gives monsters levels? Or do you want the way to determine it set up differently? or do you want me to create a database in which you specify the level of the monsters?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:22:20 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
well yeah this can be done with events but script is better :D  :D i have like 10 battlers as of now and i have the large party so 6 players + the other 44 im trying to finish so that would be a lot of events T_T

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Quick question though: Do you have a script which gives monsters levels? Or do you want the way to determine it set up differently? or do you want me to create a database in which you specify the level of the monsters?

And you want it compatible for 50 characters?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'll try make a version of this where the voice that plays is random based on who is in your party.
(you don't want all the voices to be played at the same time do ya?

and I'll add in a comment that shows you what lines of code to change/add to make it compatible with more than one member

edit: yup I can do this, it's simple enough for me, I'll post it in the scripts database when it's done.
I'll make it easily customizable based on arrays and stuff.
Instructions will be packaged with it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 03:47:59 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
wow thanks so much ^_^ finally someone's working on it ^_^

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
no problem, I've already got most of it figured out
it'll be up either tonight or tomorrow
(hopefully)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
thats good to hear ^_^ finaly one of my script request got fullfilled ^_^(hopefully) ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
script is finished and fully funcional

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,17132.0.html

I kinda changed the end of battle thing so that it changes the sound based on enemy hitpoints, as the enemy level is taken to account at the beginning of the battle (hope you don't mind the minor change)

tell me what you think ;D

btw, add [RESOLVED] if my script does this for ya

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
It was moved, go to the database to see it now.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
WOW tnx so much dude, ill test it out if i found any incompatibility with my other scripts but i dun think there's any and way if i found anything ill tell it to you tnx so much,

this would realy help me alot woot

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you're welcome.
I hope it works well for ya!

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
ei i got an error maybe incompatibility with the scripts i use mainly rtab hmmm  script' real time active battle (RTAB)' line 191 : Type Error occurred nil can't be coerced into FIxnum

errr what's that ;D hmm is it coz i didnt set which sound effect to play lol im so noob at scripting i dun know anything bout this stuff hahaha

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
I think that has something to do with nil not being a number... and btw,  you aren't noob, you're new.  Just a little english correction there, I know you're new at it.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 88
oh,but I want a horse riding armor...and when I chnge it to another I want the other armor to show on my character and when it has no armor I want it to be in a dress. how could this be done? I mean something like rhen in Aveyond.
THANX

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
oh,but I want a horse riding armor...and when I chnge it to another I want the other armor to show on my character and when it has no armor I want it to be in a dress. how could this be done? I mean something like rhen in Aveyond.
THANX

why did you post that here?
What's going on here?

ei i got an error maybe incompatibility with the scripts i use mainly rtab hmmm  script' real time active battle (RTAB)' line 191 : Type Error occurred nil can't be coerced into FIxnum

errr what's that ;D hmm is it coz i didnt set which sound effect to play lol im so noob at scripting i dun know anything bout this stuff hahaha

upload the data folder, lemme see what's going on
(it might have something to do with the fact that I modified the Battle's main and phase 5)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
ok ill post it after a few hours =) ill even put the battlers for free and the whole battle system =) for free :D so any up for grabs here is your chance ^_^ wait after a few hours

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
so....where is it?

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
ups sorry for being gone to long which one would you like to have?

the minkoff version or ccoas version?(cbs)
any way here is the minkoff version (im gonna post some more sprites they can be found on this forum under resources database

and here is the link for the cbs =)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJMGH0P8

note the guy with the big sword is not made by me, i just edited it =) ok? its Dhaos hmm from what game was he?
ehhehhee any way =p give creds on the hard work battlers =p

tnx for you help NAMKCOR really appreciate this

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I wanted you to give me a link to the game folder so that I could make the scripts compatible for ya...

is that what you did ???

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
yes that's what i did thats the link just click it umm its on megaupload =)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm gna fix the script problem, then re-upload only the scripts.rxdata for ya so that you'll have the fixed version.

may take a bit though, but you'll get it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:30:24 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
ok =-) will be waiting for this one =)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
here ya go, compatablized with the upgrade!

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
tnx so much ^_^ realy appreciate this =)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast