RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Colleges/Universties/School in general

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
If not already, do you plan on going to college? Why? If you already are, where do you go, what do you major in, etc.?

I thought it would be cool to have a discussion on things like this, you know, plan stuff out.

Personally, I'm wanting to major in Computer Sciences and *hopefully* get a PhD.

I'm looking at a few local schools (duke u., nc state u.) and even Tokyo U. (University of Tokyo).

Yup, it's real.

I'm starting to save up now, and study my friggen brains out.

I don't mind learning a second language to get an eduction in Tokyo, besides, I've always been interested in Japanese.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm working on a music composition major.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
graphic arts in UT of dallas hehe

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
I'm leaving to britan or germany for medical school. Amercan schools don't teach you nearly as much the top 15% in states wont even make it in the top 5& or britain,germany and japan. I've got a crap load of scollerships to and I'm taking over and above what most students take for medical school so I think i'm set all I need to learn german....so I'd rather go to britan.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Musician's Institute, within the next two years.

I attended Quincy University for one semester, but due to some major familial squabbles and a huge financial issue, I had to leave.

I'm going to work on Associate's of Arts/Occupational degrees in percussion/drumming performance, and something similiar in recording engineering.

Music = Life

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Sweet, I see quite a few people are into the *arts* so-to-speak.

@seph - didn't realize you wanted to go into medicine lol, cool

:^^:

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
every1 in my family is I've had quite I a bit of experence so its natural.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Rep:
Level 91
hmm i am planning on going to  a uni, doesn't matter which honestly they all suck just the same
reason: without 2nd degree nowadays you can only work at fast foot stuff
major: i have to do it next year but  i have no idea ><
i am considering programming but i figured why not giving acting a try while i am on it and then there is philosophy which interest me the most but sadly i can't take it cause other than being a teacher with it i'll have no job ><

i'll let time make up it's mind for me, when it's time i will know, or so i hope or otherwise i will have to eat my brain slowly
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
well im only in year 11 now but i plan to go to uni.
im going to uni to hopfully make it into the video game business. after i finnish uni (and i hope i do) i plan to move to Tokyo Japan to live and start my dream there. but do uni in AUS. So who knows maby if you stay there i might see you Tsunokiette :lol: .

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Bah, I forgot to say what I'm actually going to do.  :roll:

With my degree in music composition, I'll try to get a job composing music for games. It really isn't that hard to get a job actually, as long as you have the know-how (or no someone). And, I know how, so my chances are good. There are always jobs for video game composers.

But first I might try out for drum corps playing tenors. Maybe Blue Devils... not sure yet. For anyone interested, check this video out. Scroll down to where it says:

Tim Jackson
Blue Devils

Tenor Champion

http://www.vicfirth.com/features/DCI2005_IE.html

And watch that video (if you love me you will, lol). I'm not that good, I still have problems with stick/mallet visuals, but they teach you those. That guy isn't human anyway. It's insane anyone can move that fast... well not really, if you know drum corps... but anyway, I'm almost as good as the other two tenor videos. Like I said, I just have to work on my visuals.

But, I'm sort of not really straying from the topic: I might do that, I might not. I might try out and not make it, who knows? But, my goal is to become a video game composer. Now I just have to buy all this audio crap...
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
holy carp that guy can move fast...

good luck Halo :^^:

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Woah,this is awesome, now i don't how old Tsu is,but im kind of young and i've had this down since i was like 8 on what careers i want to pursue.You don't know how much i've been for going to college. I plan on getting a Bachelor's in Game Design(me and my friend really want to start a game company) and i'd be able to express my imagination and creativity. I mainly want to get a PhD in Physics and Chemistry,i love science and i see myself going far. I also want to become a writer which i could do on my spare time(i think im pretty good at writing).I plan on going to Collins College in Arizona for Game Design and MIT for Chemistry and Physics.
I like to feast on souls,what about you?
http://kune-tear.deviantart.com/
Please visit, and if your in to awesome anime visit this link,no joke.
http://lightmusashi.deviantart.com/

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Kune-Tear
Woah,this is awesome, now i don't how old Tsu is,but im kind of young and i've had this down since i was like 8 on what careers i want to pursue.You don't know how much i've been for going to college. I plan on getting a Bachelor's in Game Design(me and my friend really want to start a game company) and i'd be able to express my imagination and creativity. I mainly want to get a PhD in Physics and Chemistry,i love science and i see myself going far. I also want to become a writer which i could do on my spare time(i think im pretty good at writing).I plan on going to Collins College in Arizona for Game Design and MIT for Chemistry and Physics.

Tsu = 14 years old

cool, lotsa education awating you! :^^:

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 91
I'm with Blue. We're too young to decide our future right now.

Rep:
Level 91
speak for yourself inaru ><
i am 17 .. sorta sad i didn't make up my mind but err uni here i come anyways ><

but i still side with "time will tell" just that i don't have the time anymore ><"

1 good reason to get to a uni: job
1 good reason not to: life as a homeless are a very valuable lesson
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
I'm just going to take standard courses for the first two years, then major in something. It's the American way.

Rep: +0/-0Level 92
Guess who's back
School is sexy >_<
I`m in year 9.. Going to high school next year..
Didn`t have a chance to think about going to a university.. But of course I will, I mean, I`m planning too :whoa:

though no one will let me in with my "F"s

Rep:
Level 91
i think it's different in France...
I'm the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

http://qualquek.miniville.fr/
http://www.dailymotion.com/bookmarks/ojah/video/x27l78_jake-simpson-stevie-wonder-isnt-she_music

My padawan (Tsunokiette) and me :p
http://www.team-aaa.com/root/profile.php?enter_id=614556
http://www.esl.eu/fr/player/2609080/
I'm French so forgive my bad english!

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Well, I got my life planned: Ok, I am going to finish school - 18
Then I am going to college in Byology, going to finish it, and then I am going to England or Canada or United States to make my Mastery at it, then I am heading back home. to work in a lab.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I'm thinking of getting into a University of Art and Design, so I can major in Illustration.  That way, I get to illustrate all the character art you see in video game promo items, instruction booklets, box art, and strategy guides!  Not to mention fansites...

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
That'd be quite awesome Yossy
I like to feast on souls,what about you?
http://kune-tear.deviantart.com/
Please visit, and if your in to awesome anime visit this link,no joke.
http://lightmusashi.deviantart.com/