RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Alice in a Wonderland

Rep:
Level 90
There was once a time where I was everyone's favorite character in a book that only few had read. People would try to read it, but the book would always change and contort itself for one purpose. Not to entertain the reader, but control them. I manipulate their feelings and emotions in order to keep them away.

Then there was a reader that found the book lying on the ground where the previous reader had dropped it when she ran away. Let's call this reader Alice. She was once a dirty reflection of me. She was similar, but the anti-version of me. She was left and I was right.

She began to read my story and followed a white rabbit down my path. This white rabbit was running for a reason, not because it was late, but innocent things should run from me. I devour them; not because I want to, but I will get to that later.

Alice wanted to know all of my secrets, but little did she know that every path she followed to reach the secret was a well thought out road. Some roads were paved, and others had taken them, but she wanted the path that was blurred and marred with obstructions. That path she took was blurred like the first time a person watches a mystery movie.

That white rabbit she followed lead her down the path, but even as tough and difficult the path was, it was not the correct path. The correct path had been destroyed years ago and lay invisible to anyone that would come near it. As I said before, the white rabbit was bait to lead Alice away from me. Warning signs only make people curious, but bait is a distraction and a diversion.

Alice continued to pick, pull and pry her way through the false path of my life to follow that rabbit. She had eventually wandered deep into wonderland. Deeper she went and eventually she met every character that the book had to offer, but the one that remained protected and isolated with no paths leading to her.

She walked through wonderland thinking that she knew the caterpiller, the mad hatter and everyone else in the book. They were known because she had read them all in the book, but she wanted to know that final hidden character that remained locked away at the end.

Each character gave her information about the white rabbit and where the path would lead her. Alice was either curious, or driven to find out who was hiding in the bushes watching her. Eventually Alice had caught the white rabbit at the end of the path to no where.

The book ended for Alice, but she kept wanting more and more. The paths were only one way, because for each reader, they chose a different path to journey through. Alice however, made her own path through the grass, trees and dirt.

She was not content with the dead end and the false truth that the white rabbit had brought her. Without anymore path to follow, Alice forged her own, until she met the Queen of Hearts.

The queen had an army of protectors that surrounded her to defend her. Not defend the queen, but defend Alice, by keeping her away from the final unloved character from a book that only a few have read.

Alice had outsmarted the guards by seducing them. Without any guards to keep their defense up against the queen, she ordered "Off with her head!" I didn't just say it, I did it.

The young psychologist remained in a crumpled dead mass at the corner of my room when I woke up from wonderland. No one could stop the queen from taking her head like the previous reader that had had found out the secret that I'm a murderer, strangler and stabber.

The guiding light that is administration will not stop sending me psychologists, nor will I stop inventing difficult paths for them to follow. It is all to protect them from the queen at the end of the story that is when any life intersects with mine. I just can't stop, no matter if I'm in a padded room or not. One day they'll learn that I can't change who I am.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:55:48 AM by boe »
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
It seems like you have an interesting idea, but at the same time, could use a bit of polish. I can give you a more detailed review later, but at certain points in the story I stumbled over your words and became a little confused. Other than that, good job, it's a neat idea. : )

Rep:
Level 90
30 minutes of improv. I started by writing bullets, then fleshed them out. Never spell checked, written straight into the forum as is.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
That considered, this is pretty damn good. : )

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I liked it, but it can be hard to follow at times. Nice surprise at the end by the way