RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Book Sugestions

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Song of Ice and Fire - George RR Martin [Caution: Prepare to hate him if you love his books.]

I keep hearing accolades about this series. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't know how anyone can read fantasy books. They're so boring, and they're all nearly identical to me.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
they can be rather similar, but sometimes they have differnet conflicts, plots, and twists. ome include magic, some include mythological beasts. It all depends on what you see when you read.

And I've already read the Fowl Series, Pacman. I can read the Gnommish Alphabet as easy as our own.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:40:46 PM by Black Breeze »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Don't read Lord of the Rings, it may as well have been titled "The Really, Really Long Walk". Read The Hobbit though, it's interesting.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Don't read Lord of the Rings

Pacman, I am disappoint.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, I mean for an entertaining read. I know that it's supposed to be an epic saga, what would happen if the love child of Jesus and Batman wrote a book, the epitome of fantasy literature and all of that. I found most of it boring, except The Hobbit. Maybe it's my age and someday when I'm older I'll re-read them and see them in a completely different light. Maybe not.
The only thing I do know is that Tolkien got really into it. Have you read the Silmarillion? That's my proof.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I liked the LOTR series, but the hobbit was def better.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Can't go wrong with Andy Griffiths or Steven Herrick.

Oh and Brave Story is a cool book if you can look past its terrible cover.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:00:39 AM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I find the history behind LotR much mire interesting than the actual books. Tolkien was a linguistics expert, and he created the world to be as an "alternate history" of the Earth. This is why it ends in the Age of Man. Basically, he designed the lore to be a fictional account of Earthly prehistory. That is very cool. The stories themselves are pretty boring though.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Don't read Lord of the Rings, it may as well have been titled "The Really, Really Long Walk".

Stealing jokes from Cracked doesn't make you funny.

Not trying to be mean, just saying.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Don't read Lord of the Rings, it may as well have been titled "The Really, Really Long Walk".

Stealing jokes from Cracked doesn't make you funny.

Not trying to be mean, just saying.

What?
I got that from my cousin, who I do know obsesses over Cracked. So I may have indirectly pinched that.

I find the history behind LotR much mire interesting than the actual books. Tolkien was a linguistics expert, and he created the world to be as an "alternate history" of the Earth. This is why it ends in the Age of Man. Basically, he designed the lore to be a fictional account of Earthly prehistory. That is very cool. The stories themselves are pretty boring though.
I'll agree with that. The Silmarillion, albeit insane with detail, is loaded with fantastic lore. I just think that LotR isn't that interesting.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:42:18 AM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I"m currently waiting for the inheritance series to come out. I assume it will be as good as it's predecessors.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Eragon is too much of a mary-sue clichefest for me.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'm a sucker for the lore.
Also dragons 'n shit.

I haven't read any of them in years though because it takes him so god damn long to come out with half a book.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The Plague by Albert Camus. It's a novel about an outbreak of plague in a fictional Algerian city, and chronicles the life, death, and, maybe most importantly, outlook of its inhabitants, but in a really absorbing and emotional way. It is the only book to which I've ever shed a tear. It's also my favorite book, for what it's worth.

Ubik by Philip K. Dick. Sci-fi novel about a team of superhuman anti-anti-industrial espionage agents trapped in a decaying world. Philip K. Dick wrote superb sci-fi, so if you're into it definitely read his other books. I'd highly recommend The Man in the High Castle as well, but it's alternate history.

Do you like autobiographies and non-fiction?