RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Celtic Carol (In progress)

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
So  I got back a while ago from our Christmas concert, and since now I'm in a Christmas mood, I'm arranging this. It's only just started, and no reverb has been added yet, and dynamics haven't been adjusted accordingly, so keep that in mind.

It's also very short.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:06:01 AM by irock »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
4 downloads and no comments  :tpg:

About halfway done now:
-Adjusted some minor things
-Altered a few dynamics

I need to record this at 320 next time... >.< And yes, I'm aware there's a little bit of clipping this time. I have to finish the song before I can adjust volumes accordingly. ~

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Im downloading it, sure it;ll be good, cuz youve made it.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
So quiet. Sounds nice, but does every Celtic song have to sound like Greensleeves?

Rep:
Level 97
That's what the arrangement is: a Celtic version of Greensleeves. More technically, "What Child Is This?", but they are both the same song, because almost all Christian music isn't original.

lol, recording volume was set way too low... oops.

I guess I should also say that the version I'm arranging this from is Robert W. Smith's.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
* Silverline listens

[edit] Hah, awesome. I haven't heard greensleeves in a long time, so this is refreshing. I like where you're going with it =)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Nearing the home stretch now. Kind of ended this one in an odd place, but whatever. The beginning still sounds a bit quiet, but that's partially due to it getting so loud later. Still have some volume adjustments to make, and I'll try adding reverb next time. Then again next time will be the finished product, so ~

EDIT: lol the cabasa solo sounds stupid... I need to find an instrument closer to spoons. >_>
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:19:31 AM by HaloOfTheSun »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I listened to the begining and liked it. Now I shall listen to the last version, and will probably liked it.

I like the "What Child is This?" version of greensleeves more. Not because I'm Christian, rather because the other version is so depressing.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
That drum in the background is pretty cool. Jealous of garritan's samples ;(

This is pretty cool, I played it again after it finished once =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
As usual, I like what you're doing. Its funny how most Christmas music is somber in tone, while it is supposed to be a cheerful holiday. Greensleeves is one of the best, though, and you're doing a marvelous job of capturing it. Also, I totally agree with Sliver about GPO's samples. It makes me want to go buy a new computer.

Rep:
Level 97
I listened to the begining and liked it. Now I shall listen to the last version, and will probably liked it.

I like the "What Child is This?" version of greensleeves more. Not because I'm Christian, rather because the other version is so depressing.

Depressing Christmas music is great, lol.

That drum in the background is pretty cool. Jealous of garritan's samples ;(

This is pretty cool, I played it again after it finished once =o

Only the timpani are from garritan, the toms, cabasa, woodblock, bass drum, and suspended cymbal are from Virtual Drumline 2, so don't be too jealous.   ;) <3

As usual, I like what you're doing. Its funny how most Christmas music is somber in tone, while it is supposed to be a cheerful holiday. Greensleeves is one of the best, though, and you're doing a marvelous job of capturing it. Also, I totally agree with Sliver about GPO's samples. It makes me want to go buy a new computer.

Thank you ^_^

Well, it's finished. I've included 2 versions: one with reverb, one without. The timpani are so violent in this song, it's almost too much for reverb, and it sounds a little muddled. Then again, this is one instance where I actually think it sounds better without reverb anyway, with or without timpani.

The one thing I hate is that this has been stuck in my head since I started arranging it. >_> Greensleeves.... I hate you.

I don't want to take credit for anything that isn't mine, so for anyone who cares most of the piccolo, oboe, clarinet, bass clarinet, contrabass clarinet, and bassoon parts are identical to Smith's arrangement. I made a few changes here and there, but to anyone who had listened to his, and then listened to mine, probably wouldn't know. Sadly, I also cannot take credit for the awesome piccolo solo in the beginning, it's his as well. All I did was add the undertones, the alto sax, and cymbal scrapes. But it's an arrangement, so I almost had to include the solo.  From the subido piano near the end, to the fortissississimo at the very end, is straight out of Smith's version. I changed all percussion rhythms and added a tom.

I think most of you are getting the idea that I'm just arranging Greensleeves, when I'm actually arranging the song called Celtic Carol, and hopefully you're not thinking I majorly revamped the song. This is not true. I wish it were, lol. But since apparently none of you had heard the original (I was only expecting Tsuno to. I'm surprised you haven't played this in band before.), it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, enjoy. And merry Christmas I guess.  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 97
Gah, they're too big to attach in one post.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
can we use this for the christmas game competition?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Umm... sure!