RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which Metroid is your favorite?

Poll

Which Metroid is your favorite?

Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission
7 (17.5%)
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
0 (0%)
Super Metroid
11 (27.5%)
Metroid Fusion
7 (17.5%)
Metroid Prime
5 (12.5%)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
1 (2.5%)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
2 (5%)
Metroid Prime: Hunters
1 (2.5%)
Metroid Prime Pinball
0 (0%)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
3 (7.5%)
They all suck.
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Rep:
Level 82
Soul Crossblade!!
The title says it all, which is your favorite game in the series, including 1 spin-off (*cough* Pinball *cough*) You can choose up to 3 games. I personally like Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid and the original Metroid.

;D

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Prime, Fusion, and SM.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Do not own Corruption (I need to), I was holding out for a price drop but it's Nintendo I guess I should've just bought it day one. I'm glad though because now I can buy Trilogy! Which is also a plus since Prime is in storage and Prime 2 just doesn't fix it.
Prime, Fusion, Super.

Prime was like the Crysis of its day. Say what you will about Halo's graphics back then, but Prime really made you feel like you had landed on this mysterious, living, breathing world more than any other game I've ever played. I don't get the same feeling from Crysis but I still think Prime is most pretty game that came out pre-wind waker.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:44:44 PM by Ko?ciuszko »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Echoes > Prime. It was more challenging, and looked nicer, while retaining all the mystery and life from Prime, but with a slightly darker atmosphere.

So, Echoes, Fusion, and SM.

I really wanted to throw Prime 3 in there, because it was an absolutely gorgeous looking game with some very stunning scenery (especially the sky planet), but something about the bounty hunters kind of ruined the experience for me. It didn't have that mystery feeling of "you're all alone on a living planet," but maybe it is time for Metroid to change...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:13:49 PM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've never actually finished a metroid game or got very far into one (got about an hour into prime before it bored me)

What's a good one to start on? =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Depends on whether you like 3d action games or not.

If you do, go for any of the Metroid Prime games.
If you like side-scrollers, go for Super Metroid, or Metroid Fusion.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

I'd say Echoes was a fantastic follow up to a fantastic game.
The difficulty got to me though. I finally rage quit after getting to the last hit on the Spider Guardian and that fucker killed me. Brutally punishing, the save points are far too few and spread out all throughout the worlds. The save points are actually good for normal progression through the game but if you back track and explore to find power ups and die you're screwed.
The multiplayer mode I think is actually really underrated, it did a great job of capturing the Prime feel but not exactly the Metroid feel.
It could have been way better if they had implanted it into Prime 3, too.

I agree it had a great sense of mystery, but not as good as Prime's. I think Prime excelled at that because it never really explained anything up front and there was just so much to scan, and thus made it feel like even more of a mystery rahter than an action.

It is insanely difficult and in many ways cheap, but a true testament of Retro's design skills is that almost all of the difficulty comes from the enemies' puzzle-like nature.

@Roph:
Super Metroid, Prime or Fusion. Don't start from Echoes or Corruption, Metroid 2 is kind of boring and Zero Mission is like a remake of Metroid 1 IIRC. I'd personally go with Super.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Super Metroid, Metroid Prime.   Never played fusion, but I want to =o

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Super Metroid is the cat's ass. :rk: :snes:
:tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Fusion, Prime, Corruption.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Prime, Fusion

Rep:
Level 87
Zero Mission, Fusion, MP: Hunters

Those are really the only ones I've played. I need to get the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Rep:
Level 89
Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Corruption

I never played any of the DS or GCN titles.