RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Making a heaven exterior

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Yay! My very first mapping tut! I hope this comes in handy for some people!

1. First, we need to add some cloud, like so! Note: You need to go to the second layer to place them)

2. Hey, if you got up there, there is certainly a way! Next, make a mountain near a cloud. (Stay on the second layer!)

3. Next, wait! We need a bridge connecting the clouds! (go to the 3rd layer)

4. Next, we throw in a temple. (layer three)

5. Then, add a door (via event) to the temple (but if the temple is for looks, you don't need to.)

6. And lastly, you add some angles around, you can make them say stuff, or do quests, I don't care.

And then for an in-game shot:

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
cool tut. This should help the basic people, but Im not too sure of the advanced. Here is an example of a heaven I made a month back (when I joined this fourm  ;D)

I love to add creativity to my maps...notice the first cloud dead center of the mountain. If you press ENTER next to it, you hop on and it transfer's you...just something I like to add to all maps

But anyways this should get people off in the right direction.

8/10
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Bumpalumpa

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Why are you bumping this?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
I dunno, no one will reply.

Rep:
Level 88
whoo! Finally! A tutorial that is not plains or anything related. Nice tut man. If you didnt post this i would of made one lol anyways GJ  :)

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Lol, thanks =D

Rep:
Level 88
this is a very nice tut.
YOUR SIGNATURE WAS GINOURMOUS! - RMRK Sig Police

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Neat. I love mapping tuts. Due to my mapping being horrible.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
But anyways this should get people off...

LOLOLOL

But yeah, this is good stuff.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I like it. Personally I havn't even touched the heaven tilesets yet  :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
How do you make it do that?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Sweet tutorial. I can never pass up a good mapping tutorial.