RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I need a little help on a special project I'm working on...

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Righting the misdeeds of evil men
I am currently working on making a series of attacks like FF 6's Martial Arts which included the techs. as pummel and such. If anyone knows how to make a command release set like they had built into that game or would like to help me figure it out I'd be happy to hear from you, or group of persons. I am relatively new at making games but I have figured out on my own how to do something similar to E.Skill from FF7, auto-life, auto-regen, and auto-reflect gear. It is safe to say I am not a complete newb and can attempt some of the workload, looking forward to hearing from you all.
All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.

(double post...)

I have found through a series of variables this can be achieved but I am still unsure of how to get it  into the actual combat phase I am looking for. Is there anyone out there to help me out on this task?

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Can you explain it more in a more detailed one? I got lost.
Like how do you want it?

Certainly, in the game Final Fantasy VI there is a character with a combat ability where upoon selecting the skill you have to input a code like: left, left, right, up, down. This input would result in the activation of that skill and cause him to attack, make the wrong input or no input would result in a failure in the skill and no hit. I am attempting to use the same thing in a game I am developing, but the problem is I don't understand how to do it... I've been working at it but have come up with nothing. What I would like to know is the coding so I can use a variation of it. (The advanced and original versions do not have a difference in this ability.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:53:16 AM by Celestialshadow »

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
oH I see! Unfortunately it's not possible in rm2k3 DBS :X

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
If there's an option for "if key "x" is pressed" then it should be possible.

Say yu have the 4 arrows. Make them change a variable called let's say specialAttack.

Up = add 1
Down = Add 10
Left = Add 50
Right = Add 250

The reason I say these numbers, is that it'll be unlikely for someone to push up ten times instead of down, whereas a simple 1-2-3-4 thing, it would be fully possible to make a stuff up and continue the move.

Then you can make it if Variable = 261 (Right, down, Up), do move.

This would be primitive of course, and contain no special order. But hopefully it'll get you thinking of how to do it.

Also you'd need a failsafe. Maybe upon 8 Key presses = false move? Well, hope it helps.

Note: This sytem is also used for Zell's Limit in FF8.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Is it supported by any other RPG Maker?

Rep:
Level 85
Yes but you will need some rgss/2 knowledge

Come again? Im still kinda new at the whole rpg maker, I get the basics and guess through things or spend hours on a set of triggers and variables to get what I need, but... I have no idea what rgss/2 is!? :lol:

Rep:
Level 85
Basically programming.
Try looking at google :P

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
AzureFenrir actually had the Blitz command working in the rm2k3 DBS.  I'll see if I can't find that tutorial...

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
That's the tut I was thinking about, good find Nessiah ^_^

That is exactly what I had in mind, thank you ever so much.