RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Forest on the edge of town Help [resolved]

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
I was wondering if the peoples would tak a look at a couple of screens and tell me how to make the forest around my town look better. I know it looks too perfect or non random, but I'm using the forest to block off the edges (except for a specific path I'll add later). Nevermind the lack of detail about the houses, I just want to know about the trees. 

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:47:05 AM by Jangles »
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
They look good to me.
->

Rep:
Level 87
Maybe it doesn't have to be too random, considering it is surounding a town and most likely townspeople would clear before they build....any thoughts, mapbuilders?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
take the over head tree bush autotile and outline all the exterior trees.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Overhead treebush autotile? Which is that? Is that in the post town set?

Rep:
Level 88
Well, maybe you can try not to make nearby trees touch each other on the same grid line. Kind of like suduko. You can go for a domesticated look, where the trees look ordered or in pattern.

Ex (With O's being trees and lines being grids)
|_|O|_|O|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|
|O| |O| |O|
->

Rep:
Level 88
Overhead treebush autotile? Which is that? Is that in the post town set?
I think he means to get a copy of the autotile of the top of the tree, and then run over it on the 3rd layer so it overlaps the trees in back of it (which should be on 2nd layer)
->

Rep:
Level 87
Still lost, could you post a pic of what you mean nouman?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
autotile 037.

add that to the tileset in database.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'd suggest some stumps as well. If the townspeople were clearing trees, chances are they didn't tear them right out of the ground with their arms.

Rep:
Level 87
There are no stumps in this tileset.

Rep:
Level 88
You can add some by exporting the tileset and adding stumps from another exported tileset to it. (Keep the height and width the same by placing them over something you won't use in the tileset.)
->

Rep:
Level 87
Well I'll be damned....