RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need help with passability!!!!!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 90

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
you are lucky... i cant even make it so i can malk on the grass. i set it to circle! >_<

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
O=can pass through
x=cant
*=not sure maybe on event you can

to get an idea of what to add to them build a map with it and see how the bits go to gether then you know what needs to become impassible

shouldnt this be in the troubleshooting section or tutorial?

O yea, you

Rep:
Level 91
for the last time
setting a map only by O and X and no directional pass priorities and so on will make your tileset a walking crap

and trust me, no one wanna do it so i doubt anyone will set it for ya
holy shit my sig was big!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
most tiles dont need directional passes though especially with a town which is all im doing at the moment.

direction pass:

this sets which direction thecharacter can move off the tile

for example a ledge one square thick would have directional pass properties so you couldnt walk left or right

blue why dont you post a tutorial on how to label maps up properly then :)

Rep:
Level 91
cause i can't be stuffed making tuts..
and your are wrong

let's take a wall
you will want the character to be able to walk right next to it
setting it to X will keep you away
setting directions right left and down (if the wall is upper) will allow you to look as if you walk close to the wall, since up is blocked you won't be able to cross the wall
and so on, but that might be a bad example for most walls as they are more often than not seen in "upper view" which requires a full X

and then there is priorities basicly they are like the layers but not quite
they will allow the npc to walk under or above the hero and so on and so on

meh.. play with it a bit..

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
My problem is the layers. With most of the sets I use there will be object to place on higher layers so the blend. But when I do this the passability on the lower layers becomes useless! Ill be able to walk on walls but a trash can will stop me in my tracks.

Rep:
Level 91
that's why you wall the first layer and trash can the 3rd

should do more than just working
assuming you didn't bother reflooring every layer.. or something of such silliness
but yes walls can someone act stupid
what do we do then? wall the darn 2nd layer too even the 3rd if you must

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Quote from: blueXx
that's why you wall the first layer and trash can the 3rd

should do more than just working
assuming you didn't bother reflooring every layer.. or something of such silliness
but yes walls can someone act stupid
what do we do then? wall the darn 2nd layer too even the 3rd if you must

thanks, now that i think about it that was pretty stupid. Lol i'm new to this version of the rpg maker.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ahh that makes sense now thanks and sorry blue

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Ramiro...

I spent 3 hours doing it, so you do it too ><

Quote from: dwarra
Ramiro...

I spent 3 hours doing it, so you do it too ><

Yea, you

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
this is very strange, i cant get the ultimate outside tilset to work on my main game (dark sunrise) but i tryed it in another game and it worked fine... maybe its a script im using??? thats so damn annoying, i cant use it it my good game.