RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Sonata in C Minor (WIP)

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm slightly ADD when it comes to music, so here's the first minute or so of the first movement in another sonata I'm writing.

Sonata in C Minor
Waking Dreams
Mvt. I - "...of War."

(Yes I realize this idea has been used many times before, but I like it, so  :P lol)

C & C

Especially let me know if any transitions sound off or something just seems weird rhythmically, et cetera.

- Tsuno
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:14:24 AM by irock »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Too soft. D: At max volume, it's just about right. Btw, you're William Newton ?_?

And I like this :) Whaddya compose with? ???

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Too soft? :( I use headphones so I always hear it, but I amplified it in audacity too lol. Oh well, I'll make it even louder next time.
Yes, I'm William Newton.

Finale 2008 (right before they updated to 2009 *mad face*)

Thanks for saying you liked it. ^o^ Is there anything that just doesn't sound right?

EDIT : Rather, I guess I'm asking if there's any part you would like to see *hear* an improvement in.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmmm... I'll give it another listen when I come back home, but, as far as I remember, it was pretty solid.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I think it needs some more harmonic movement, you kind of hover around one chord for a very, very long time. The melody's pretty good, though it takes a while to get into it.

And just out of curiosity...
...are you actually following Sonata form, or just calling it a sonata?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Following Sonata form. Well, one of the many. My main inspiration is Beethoven, so my songs end up being structured a lot like his.

Thanks for the comment, I'll try to work on that. I'll agree that the Cm in the base is kind of overused but I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted to branch out from that. Anything else from what I have so far? Or is there something specifically about the song that makes you question if I'm actually following Sonata form? Being a perfectionist, I'm always eager to correct my mistakes. :)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!