RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
{RESOLVED} (Calling all Spriters!) Creating animated battlers?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
This is a question that’s plunged my imagination for quite a while. I would like to begin creating side-view battlers for my game, but am clueless where to begin. I am capable of editing basic sprite sheets (adding clothing, hair, accessories, etc) but side-view battlers baffle me. I have searched for tutorials everywhere, but to no avail. Assistance?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 09:25:57 PM by ~Azure Essence~ »

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
More or less, you have to look at other people's poses and actually stand in that pose yourself, so you get a feel of it.
Then you just draw the pose onto the character. I normally use dollmage's battlers as templates, he's created many, many more poses than the original White Ties.
Then you just use the same techniques you would for shading and adding pieces of clothing. Mind you, it takes forever to make them unless you're lazy and uses practically the same pose for every gap (I did that with my Bomb lol)
Hope I helped...

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
As you are the only one who has posted, you have helped significantly. Eventually, I grew tired of waiting for a response here and discovered (and ironically completed each task you listed) You just provided verification I was on the right track. And you're right...it takes forever. Thanks!