RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
~ Request For New Character

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
This is my first post/request, coming from a beginner with RPG Maker 2000, so sorry if I'm not totally on point with this. I'll do the best I can to explain what I need and hopefully someone can give me a hand. Also, let me know if what I'll ask for is too much, since I can't be 100% sure of what's difficult and what's easy to make.

I basically need a brand new character for my project. I'm pretty sure that this means I need as much as I can get: everything from a character sheet, to the face graphic, to the battle image of the character.

Here's what I wanted this character to look like:

- Young female, early 20's.
- Shoulder-length, straight, jet-black hair, parted slightly more to the left side.
- Cat-like, bright emerald-green eyes.
- Dangling silver earrings.
- The outfit is too overwhelming to describe, so here's a sketch of the character I made: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/LeoBrZ81/Leona2.jpg ------> This should give an idea of what I imagine her outfit to be, as well as her facial features described above. Anything remotely close to this sketch would be much appreciated.

Again, I'm just a novice at RPG Maker and especially the request process, so please let me know if I missed anything in my request, and also if I'm way in over my head, lol.

Thanks in advance for the help!

- Leo

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
You might find a hard job of getting everything, but you seem nifty enough with sketches.  Why not do what i'm doin' and scan in a picture for face graphics?
Don't take this the wrong way, but you could try making your own as well, or in the very least start getting practice cuz as you go you'll probably find you want more and more customs.

Also, if you're using rm2k you won't need battler images, 2k is 1stperson fighting.  2k3 and xp is the side-view battling system.
I would offer to do the spritesheet, but i'm no good with females.  Just can't get them lookin' right  :(

All the best though ;)

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Hm... Yeah I could definitely just make a sketch myself of the characters. Being a novice, though, I have no idea where to add the image so that it'll show up as an option in the RPG Maker. How do you do it?

I didn't realize the version I'm using was first-person only; less work to do, so I guess it's all good. As for the doing the sprites myself... I would give it a shot, but I have absolutely no clue how to even get started, much less how to go through the whole process. That's why I thought it would save much time and headache for me and whoever stopped by to help if I just made the request and hoped for the best. Maybe I'll search around for a tutorial eventually, but as of right now, I got 0% knowledge on the stuff.

EDIT: I've done some digging and found out how to add my own images where needed so it'll show up in the game, but that's all I've been able to accomplish so far, lol.

I've also been experimenting with RPG Maker XP, but since it looks like it's very hard to create characters for it, I've been trying to change the colors of some of the characters that are already in the database; for example, making one of the character's hair black rather than brown that she'll look more like mine. I'm having a very, very rough time finding the right way to change the colors well, though. I've used both Paint Shop Pro and Gimp, but haven't gotten anything just yet ='( ...

Hopefully I can find a solution for all this soon. If anyone can offer any help, I appreciate it. (Thanks for the reply, BTW, Brady)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:20:41 PM by LeoBrZ81 »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Give me a sketch / image of the character you want, i'll try makin' a potential sprite for you, but it may not turn out too brilliant, like i say, not great with females.
As my last post though, i don't do computer face graphics.  All face graphics for my game are hand drawn.
You should also work on tryin' it yourself, get practice....you'll likely need it as you go....my project involves almost entirely custom characters, as does most people, but granted, you're probably not too keen to do that quite yet.  Give it time  :)

As for gettin' them in game, on the menu use the file manager to import stuff from where ever it's saved (or just save it directly into the projects folder in the appropriate folder) and it'll be an option in the database where necessary.