RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Should any country in the world be spending money on Space Exploration?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah, but while there is no guarantee of finding alien life soon, we know that there are some ancient cultures submerged under our oceans.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Big deal. Underwater ancient cultures can't tell us much of anything, except that they're dead. Who knows what we could find in space? Probably not much of anything, at least for a long time. It still is worth the time and effort anyway.
:tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Eh, I suppose. Either way neither will provide "fruits" for a while.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Why not spend Nasa's Budget on sea exploration, making a vessel that can with stand high pressure with a crew on board so we can reach the furthest most depths of the ocean... After all our planet is mostly water (God knows why we called it Earth, its a bit Bi-ust)

I heard that we know more about what's in space, then we know about the oceans...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
HaloOfTheSun  - I would laugh if we reashed a far off planet we get there find it has loads of Alien life... and its all under water, and all the Aliens are Fish...LOL

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
I don't know why we would call them aliens if it was their own planet.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Because We're arrogant jack asses.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I don't know why we would call them aliens if it was their own planet.
Technically, the term is "Extra Terrestrial", but alot of people (not specifically on here) are to arrogant or whatever to use large words.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
I know. We could call them aliens if they were coming to our own planet, but we'd be the aliens if we were going to theirs is kind of what I was trying to say.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
"Well to us...YOU'RE the aliens!!"

"HAHAHA! Spoopty? YOU CRAZEHHHH!"

I love Invader Zim...

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
:/ I hate Invader Zim.

Unless he's from Starship Troopers. That Zim rocked.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
"Well to us...YOU'RE the aliens!!"

"HAHAHA! Spoopty? YOU CRAZEHHHH!"

I love Invader Zim...

ROFL!!!

:/ I hate Invader Zim.

Unless he's from Starship Troopers. That Zim rocked.

you need to burn on a stake for heresy.

*ahem*

Djangonator has a point, and i wouldve made it but bashing humanity is much more fulfilling.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Humans are the same as every other animals, only better.

Rep:
Level 96
We are one of the few species that has sex for fun.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

monkeys do.

Rep:
Level 96
Not in intelligent debate please. I admit I was also wrong, but that wasn't any better.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

That's debatable, considering there are plenty accounts of homosexuality out in the animal kingdom.

Rep:
Level 96
This is true...but then you have to consider that it might be an instinct or something like..."I MUST hump, or bad things happen!" you know? But your point is 100% valid.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Well, you'd also have to consider the same for us humans...that once a male gets an erection, he's GOT to do something with it.

Rep:
Level 96
Myth.

YES it IS difficult, but not impossible, to ignore them.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Space is an interesting thing.
But wait.

As was stated before, one could learn about our own planet from learning about space and OTHER planets.
So why not the other way around?

Or, shouldn't we be putting money into something like medicine, 3rd world country aid, imrpoving our cities, and trying to decrease starvation?

Rep:
Level 96
Points have all ready been discussed.

Also, it won't work the other way around. The learning comes from comparing the two planets. For example, Mars. WE may very well be witnessing the dawn of life on Mars! This generation, or the next will never see anything come to fruition of course, but it is very possible that we will soon have Prokaryotes on Mars! Then, they will reproduce until something mutates, and we have Eukaryotic cells, then small multi-celled organisms, and in a few...million years, creatures! By studying the planet now, we may be able to fill in the blanks on our own history. We couldn't do this via our own planet (not completely) because it's all ready happened, but now we have an Opportunity via Mars.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
ya, maybe in like 100 years we could establish our own life on Mars, but it would be really cold, and life on there would be hard, so it might happen after our life times. but it could still happen. i think we're already doing a good job of space exploration, and i dont think we need more money to support it, if we're already doing ok with what we got.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I still don't think any one should get their hopes up over thing that are that far off. We're more likely to kill outselves before seeing the fruits of our labor with the mars thing. Plus terraforming is pure science fiction right now. I support the idea of finding out whats beyond our planet, but I have to be honest. We're Idiots, we'll kill ourselves in a nuclear war before we can really put any of that knowledge into practical use. I'm not saying it useless to learn what we can from what limited space travel we can do, learning itself is reason enough. Although, because we are, or at leat most people are incredibly stupid, we're going to blast our asses into nothing before we can make the technological advances that some of you have been tossing around.

In short, we're all gonna die and we should accept it.