RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which Fable game was/is the best?

Poll

Which is your favourite?

Fable
The Lost Chapters
Fable II
Pub Games
Fable III
Kingmaker

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, I recently got Fable III, and so far I'm liking it. Some of the graphics, however, look quite out of place, and I find the lack of a real pause screen ridiculous. Personally, II was my favourite, but the story wasn't long enough. Overall, Fable was the most well-rounded, but lacked several key elements that make a great game. So, I want to hear what RMRK has to say about Lionhead's series, which one is the best and why.

Note: All things stated in this post are to be considered IMO.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I played 1 a lot when it came out on PC, and it was ok. Not excellent, but I still played it through. I skipped two, because I heard it was shit, but I played a bit of 3. I know that they're making a PC version of 3, so I'm going to wait for a bit, but it just seems like 1 with better graphics.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I thought the first one was great. I didn't get to play very much of 2, but it seemed like an improvement from what I did play. I just started my third playthrough of 3, and I love it. The main storyline is a little short, and the combat is painfully simplified, but I really liked all the little things in it. The way weapons change depending on what you do is pretty cool, and I liked the menu replacement. The road to rule thing was kinda dumb, though. If it were a regular part of the menu room, it would have been better.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
@Holk: 3 basically is the original with better graphics. Oh wait, it's set in Industrial History. You have guns instead of bows, and you eventually become the
Spoiler for As if you don't know:
king.

Also I completely agree with Acolyte. Except for her views on the menu. I thought it was a cool idea at first, then it got a bit annoying. I kinda like the road to rule, but it really should have been more accessible.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
eh 3 was okay but it was so busted in terms of glitches that could fuck your save file, for that matter so was the second one. 

first is best. therefore lost chapters is best because it is fable 1 plus some more content.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There are a bunch of save file glitches? I never ran into one, knock-on-wood.
The only really bad glitch I ran into was on my second playthrough. The library guy refused to move, and I had to reload the game. Nothing major, just annoying.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
@Strike: Your logic appeals to me. I shall reconsider my own thoughts as I replay the trilogy this coming week.
School is boring.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:40:12 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Oh, I think I did play 2. Is that the one where you follow a glowing line everywhere, and then that dude shoots your sister at the beginning? If so, I stopped pretty quickly. That glowing line thing was the worst. I hate when games do that.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yeah, that's 2. The glowing trail shits me to pieces. I think you can turn it off though. It kinda takes away the adventure of the game, but not entirely. Fable II had a massive world, but the trail confines you to one hundredth of it.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you can turn it off 100% gone and if you follow it straight up like a tard constantly you've no one to blame but yourself.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
The glowing trail shits me to pieces. I think you can turn it off though.
you can turn it off 100% gone and if you follow it straight up like a tard constantly you've no one to blame but yourself.
I only said 'I think' because I haven't played the game in over a year and a half.
The best part in that game, imo, is the crucible. And that's only pretty fun. At least you can retry it, unlike the Witchwood Arena.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The Lost Chapters is the only choice here, 2 completely fucked everything up and 3 didn't fix everything enough to hold a candle to Fable.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
p much. that said i still enjoyed 2 and 3 despite their flaws but the first was best.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I liked the characters in 3 more. There was more of a linear and fleshed out story to it. I didn't like a lot of the characters in the first one. Maze was pretty cool, but Whisper and Thunder just got on my nerves.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
thunder was SUPPOSED to be a douchetackle.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
But still, I mean, look at Reaver. There's absolutely NOTHING good about him, and yet he's still kind of awesome, just because he's such a freaking asshole that it becomes hilarious. Thunder was just enough of a dick to be annoying, not funny.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You're supposed to not like Thunder at all though, you're supposed to enjoy beating him down. Also Jack of Blades is the best villain anyways, and at the time I thought he had the best boss fight in any game.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Whoever voted for anything other than 3 is wrong. Stephen Fry is Reaver and John Cleese is Jeeves. I noticed as soon as he said the first word. EDIT: :V (Sorry Holk ;9) CONTINUE ORIGINAL POST!
Serious now, Fable 3 really could've done with a mini-map. Jack of Blades was indeed awesome. But Reaver is the best douche in the universe, he's so cool in 2, he's hilarious and you might've known the Stephen Fry plays him in 3. Thunder was the biggest fucker ever.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:00:37 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

Rep:
Level 94
I voted for TLC, and I'm right.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Whoever voted for anything other than 3 is wrong. Stephen Fry is Reaver and John Cleese is Jeeves. I noticed as soon as he said the first word. EDIT: :V (Sorry Holk ;9) CONTINUE ORIGINAL POST!
Serious now, Fable 3 really could've done with a mini-map. Jack of Blades was indeed awesome. But Reaver is the best douche in the universe, he's so cool in 2, he's hilarious and you might've known the Stephen Fry plays him in 3. Thunder was the biggest fucker ever.

He plays him in 2 as well. Reaver had a lot of funny moments, but I still would've liked the option to kill him, or at least fire him. Seriously, the guy gets off scott free EVERY SINGLE TIME. You can't even touch him.  :mad:
I think all the games have something to like about them. I'm not going to say one is way better than the other.

I haven't played the original fable in years, and I never played TLC, so I don't really have an opinion on that. All I remember is Whisper being annoying, and Maze being freaking awesome. Oh, and doing quests in my underwear for boasts. That was always fun.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I think I'm falling for Acolyte :V
I didn't notice him in 2! I guess he uses his normal voice a bit more in 3. Reaver also looks nothing like Fry in 2, but astoundingly so in 3. I haven't played TLC either, but I've heard it's super freaking badass chocolate mountain fudgecake awesome. It came out when my friends and I were 10, of course.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
You'll have to take that up with Arrow. :V

Whaaaaaat? Open your ears, dude.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvffB5BqWp4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvffB5BqWp4</a>

That's unmistakably Stephen Fry.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Holy shit holy shit how did I miss that?
I didn't really know who he was until about 2 years ago though.
I've fallen in love with QI and Alan Davies.
And Jimmy Carr and Bill Bailey. And Sean Lock and Eddie Izzard.
Especially Sean Lock.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I think I'm falling for Acolyte :V
how many of the girls here have you "jokingly" said that to you creepy little neckbeard. because i've seen you do it like 3 times so far. knock it off. it's not hilarious it's just weird.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Dude... http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41936.0.html
I'm too busy and confused in actual life to be busy and confused on the internet. I get what you're saying though.

Everyone's just so cool here. ;9