RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
UPCOMING VIDEOGAMES (Review, News and other stuff before buying a game)

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
Let us be informative on this topic guys. And for those who wants to buy games..
This one is for you.

Im a Playstation fan.
So:

Here are the list of Characters:

Final Fantasy    Warrior of Light and Garland
Final Fantasy II    Firion and Emperor
Final Fantasy III       Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness
Final Fantasy IV       Cecil Harvey and Golbez
Final Fantasy V        Exdeath
Final Fantasy VI       Kefka Palazzo
Final Fantasy VII      Sephiroth
Final Fantasy VIII     Squall Leonhart and Ultimecia
Final Fantasy IX       Zidane Tribal and Kuja
Final Fantasy X        Tidus and Jecht

3 more un-announced characters from ffV,VI and VII.

Release Date: December 18, 2008 (JP, January 2009 (US)

FINAL Fantasy XIII screenshots: (heroes aliases are Lightning, MR.33 which he rides a cool shiva motorcycle, and a pig tailed hair Rushi)

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

What to expect:
Lots of fighting. And.. drum rolls... Summoning are back!!!! (shiva, iftrit, carbuncle, siren and other unknown summons),
Fast battle atb system with no MP, Change weapons fast (like a sword into a gun), wide choices of combination attacks.

FINAL Fantasy XIIIversusXIII screenshots: (No given name or aliases yet.)

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

The characters are: The Prince, Blonde Chick who will be one of the protagonist of the prince (too bad huh.. she is hot), shotgun guy, scar guy, glassess guy and robbed guy.

What to expext: Sequel to the FinalFantasy XIII (duh.), takes place in a time very similar to the current day,The story only begins with the fight over the last crystal, as it's said it's just the start of a new generation.

Latest Video Link:
Final Fantasy XIII latest video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmQ4V55T1hI

Final Fantasy XIIIversusXIII latest video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mUUADHJ6A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cWU-M9EpEg

Release Date: TBA
Console: PS3, Xbox360

I will edit some new news regarding on this 2 games. Ill post more NEXT time.
No unnecessary post pls. Domo Arigato!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:32:21 AM by ezel »

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Let's see..  I'm personally excited for:

1.  Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

A step back from the Narutimate Accel series in that we aren't in Shipuuden anymore; however, the game adds a z-axis to the game now and a whole new complexity to the Narutimate fighting engine.  The master mode has also been changed up to now be a full action rpg experience.

2. Valkyria Chronicles

Very interesting anime inspired SRPG.  You take control of a squad of characters and lead them through multiple battles.  You have an overview map of the entire battle where you can see all of your units locations, and you can take control of each one, where you go into a third person shooter mode..  Certainly a game to look out for..

3. Mirror's Edge

First Person done right.  You take control of a freerunner in an age where messengers are the only way to relay information without the government censoring or editing the information to their will..  Rather than your view being from the chest, you actually see from the eyes.  You get to freerun across rooftops and other environments in a breathtakingly, artistically sterile landscape..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:43:58 PM by taichi556 »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 85
Post some infos, facts or release date so members will be aware of it.

anyways:

[/quote][/spoiler]

Star Ocean 4 The last hope VIDEO

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/903309/star-ocean-4/videos/star_ocean4_061008.html

Famitsu has revealed that the battle system will now feature 4 party members, and be more team-oriented. The hero's name is Edge Maverick, while the heroine is named Reimi Saionji. The game will also feature more of a sci-fi emphasis than past titles with the ability to control your own ship. It's been said this ship is quite large, and will be able to land on at least 5 planets or other space-based destinations.

Release Dates
- JP, NA -2009 (exact dates TBA)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:15:34 PM by ezel »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
When I first heard that Fallout 3 was going to be an FPS type game, while still retaining the basic fundamentals of the series (Perks, Targeting, and the like) I was kind of pissed off. I wanted another true Fallout game. Now though, I am so pumped for it. It looks amazing, and the only thing I could see as a possible downside is if the free-roaming aspect of the game is taken away. If that remains in tact, I'll be a happy post-apocalyptic camper.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Free Roaming is as much as Oblivion was I suppose.

Either way I wasn't too happy, and i'm still not but i'm not going to be like a /v/irgin and just hate the game and not going to even try it because it isn't isomentric and 256 colors.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Hey Ezel, do you have anything on agito? I'm curious  :mex:

Rep:
Level 85
Another Upcoming masterpiece game from Atlus:

It is from PSP and will be released on September 16, 2008 (US)

Yggdra Union

Yggdra Union:
http://www.atlus.com/yggdraunion/   (check the video down below the site)

I will definitely buy this game for my PSP.

Final FantasyXIII: Agito

The revelation that Agito, the former Final Fantasy XIII cell phone game, was coming to the PSP was a nice revelation for many. Apparently, the developers were tired of waiting for cell phone tech to advance to the level they wanted for Agito.

Now for the Final Fantasy XIII Agito info:

* Support for Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure
    * Up to 3-player multiplayer
    * There will be several characters in your party
    * You can control summons
    * Based on the above info, you know there are summons in the game. ;)
    * FFXIII Agito will be using Crisis Core’s ATB system. An advanced version of course.

I just found out that the main hero was wearing a long red suit and uses the deck of cards as his weapon.

Agito, among other XIII series is the least info we got. I wonder why? maybe people are more interesting on the PS3/XBOX360 final fantasy games rather than the PSP agito game. oHH well.. The release dates is still UNKNOWN.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:12:56 PM by ezel »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yggdra Union isn't new. It was out for GBA over a year ago.

Rep:
Level 85
Yes. Indeed. In GBA its old,
But in PSP its a brand new game. and the Yggdra in GBA and Ygdrra in PSP are somewhat different.

Yggdra Union, a new strategy/RPG from Atlus, was once a Game Boy Advance game. While that might seem a bit strange, you are probably aware that one of the best strategy/RPG franchises, Advance Wars, was born on the GBA. Though you might wonder why Yggdra Union made the leap to PSP instead of Nintendo DS, anyone who plays this updated version will understand the developers’ decision. This is not a game that needs a touch screen.

Yes, it was released on GBA 2 years ago, ATLUS is launching the game on
PSP on September 16,2008 with an updated version

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
you are probably aware that one of the best strategy/RPG franchises, Advance Wars, was born on the GBA

Best?

Rep:
Level 85
you are probably aware that one of the best strategy/RPG franchises, Advance Wars, was born on the GBA

Best?

among strategy/RPG franchise. YES!!. According to statistics and my perception. it is one of the best on strat and RPG in DS.
ALSO:  Advance Wars, besides being influential, opened up the market for similar games on handheld video game systems. It was rated the 26th best game made on a Nintendo System in Nintendo Power's Top 200 Games list.
IGN rated it at 9.9.
[/u]And If you can't believe or agree on that, then i will just say:

"one of the best strategy/rpg franchises for me is the game called ADVANCE wars was born on the GBA also.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:38:17 AM by ezel »

Rep:
Level 94
Yes. Indeed. In GBA its old,
But in PSP its a brand new game. and the Yggdra in GBA and Ygdrra in PSP are somewhat different.

Yggdra Union, a new strategy/RPG from Atlus, was once a Game Boy Advance game. While that might seem a bit strange, you are probably aware that one of the best strategy/RPG franchises, Advance Wars, was born on the GBA. Though you might wonder why Yggdra Union made the leap to PSP instead of Nintendo DS, anyone who plays this updated version will understand the developers’ decision. This is not a game that needs a touch screen.

Yes, it was released on GBA 2 years ago, ATLUS is launching the game on
PSP on September 16,2008 with an updated version

I don't wonder at all. I was just stating that YU was on GBA already. Just like Riviera, and that game is one of the best games ever.

Rep:
Level 98
I think we have a standard case of confusion opinion as fact.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Anyone mentioned Lego Batman/Prince of Persia/Ghostbusters/Viva Pinata 2

or thats all ok ok

Anyone mentioned Street Fighter 4?
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
dead space looks fucking orgasmic

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
@Namkcor

Dead space looks fucking awesome. Best gory trailer i saw this 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cTIWDuKXM

Final Fantasy XIII, 2009 Release, Trailer
Final Fantasy Versus XIII, TBA, Trailer
Final Fantasy Agito XIII, TBA, Trailer
Dragon Quest IX, 2008 Release, Trailer
The 3rd Birthday, TBA, Trailer
Chrono Trigger, 11/27/08, Trailer
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Winter 2008, Trailer, Demo
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 2009 Release, Trailer, Demo
Kingdom Hearts Coded, Winter 2008, Trailer
DISSIDIA Final Fantasy, 12/18/08, Trailer, Demo
The Last Remnant, 11/20/08, Undecided
Star Ocean 4, Spring 2009, Undecided
Infinite Undiscovery 9/11/08, Trailer
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book Winter 2008, Trailer, Demo
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon DS+, 10/30/08, Trailer, Demo
Valkyrie Profile, 10/30/08, Trailer, Demo

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW VALKYRIE PROFILE, STAR OCEAN AND KINGDOME HEARTS.

GAME CONSOLE: PS3, XBOX360, PC

Street Fighter IV features fighters and backgrounds rendered in 3D, while the gameplay is on a traditional 2D plane.
A new system called "Focus Attacks" (the parry system from sf3 was dropped) has been introduced, as well as Ultra moves.

Focus Attacks
The focus attack is a move that allows the player to absorb an attack and launch a counter attack, and it is performed by pressing the medium punch and kick buttons simultaneously. There are two phases to the attack. In the first phase, the player will shift into a new stance, at which point he is able to absorb one attack from the opponent. The second phase is the counter attack. The longer the player holds down the medium punch and kick buttons the more powerful the attack will be. If the buttons are held for long enough the attack will cause the opponent to crumple slowly to the ground, allowing the player to follow up with a free hit.

"Super Combos", the powered-up special moves that has been a series' mainstay since Super Street Fighter II Turbo, return in Street Fighter IV. Similar to Super Turbo, each character has one set super move. In addition to Super Combos, the game also features "Ultra Combos". Ultra Combos are performed similarly to the character's Super Combo but are executed with three attack buttons (much like the Lv. 3 Super Combos in the original Street Fighter Alpha,

Street Fighter IV will feature online gaming

CHARACTERS:

A number of classic characters will be returning, with re-imagined designs and new special moves. All eight of the original "World Warriors" have been confirmed to be appearing as playable characters

For the first time since the first Street Fighter game, characters will now have English-language voice actors in the game.

FeiLong, Sakura, Dan, Ibuki, Gouken, Cammy, T-hawk, DeeJay, Sakura, Hugo, Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, Guile, E.Honda, Sagat, Blangka, Zangief, Vega, Balrog, M.Bison, EL fuerte, Abel, Crimson Viper are playable on SFiV.

Release Date: July 28, 2008 (arcade version JP), March 31 2009 (PS3, PC)

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Winter 2008, Trailer, Demo
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 2009 Release, Trailer, Demo
Kingdom Hearts Coded, Winter 2008, Trailer

Oh my god <3  :tpg:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Meh, Final Fantasy Dissidia seems like a good idea on paper, being a squaresoft smash bros of sorts, but if the gameplay is as awkward as it looks in this video it's just going to be a graphically updated Ergheiz. ;9
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
SF4 is for the PC?

That's awesome.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
@kitkatkan

Kingdom hearts "trilogy" will be on different platforms like K.H birth by sleep will be on PSP, KH 358/2 days will be on DS and K.H coded will be on mobile phone.

@Roph
Dude you got me rick rolled for like 2 times already since i came on this forum. lol  XD

@nightwold

yes sf4 will be release on pc (yep, sf4 will be online)  ps3 and on arcade this march 2009.

Baskteball fans:

NBA LIVE 2009

Features:
*New features like Pick and Roll Control

* Defensive Lockdown Control

* Signature Playcalling and Quickstrike Ankle-Breakers will make the NBA LIVE experience fun from beginning to end.

*NBA LIVE 09 takes also you to training camp with the NBA Academy that gives you a chance to hone your skills.

*FIBA Expanded -- With 24 national teams to choose from, you can compete in an international tournament using authentic FIBA rosters and teams, including, the United States, Spain, France, and more.

*5 vs. 5 Online Team Play -- All 10 players on the court can now be controlled by users on 10 different consoles around the world

Platform: Wii, Psp, Ps2, Xbox360, Ps3
Release Date: October 7, 2008
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:31:21 AM by ezel »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Over a time, sports games get repetative cuz they just say "New Features : High Acceleration Boost Mid Air Ball Bounce Jump Duck Kick Control" or some shit, but it finally is just football.

Same goes for b-ball.

(no, not boobs skanker)
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Meh, Final Fantasy Dissidia seems like a good idea on paper, being a squaresoft smash bros of sorts, but if the gameplay is as awkward as it looks in this video it's just going to be a graphically updated Ergheiz. ;9

you sneaky bastard

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
@nightwolf
for me, the only basketball game that i like is Nba live series. EA rules.

From the Director of Devil May Cry, Made by Sega:

is an upcoming video game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, developed by PlatinumGames in cooperation with Sega, who will publish the title. Directed by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Devil May Cry series, it will tell the story of the eponymous witch, Bayonetta, who has guns on her feet and hands, blowing off the heads of monsters masquerading as angels.Creator Hideki Kayima has said that " Bayonetta will blow the doors off the action genre".

Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMf652o_L0&feature=related

Release Date:
(NA) 2009
Platform: Xbox360, Ps3
(ill keep this game updated just like the other games)

The much awaited game:

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

It is a completely new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe and it introduces a new gameplay style, and a new graphic design to the Prince of Persia series.

The adventure begins with a new Prince of Persia, a wanderer, a vagabond, returning home from an adventure on a donkey laden with treasure, which he earned on his previous venture. He desires to spend his treasure on many luxuries, including women and liquor. But suddenly, he is caught in a fierce sandstorm. When the sandstorm subsides, he finds himself in a mythical garden of beauty, dominated at its center by a massive Tree of Life.

Gameplay:

The gameplay in Prince of Persia will retain a very similar feel to the "Sands of Time" trilogy, in the sense that the acrobatics, puzzle solving, and combat elements will all still be intact. However, the game is non-linear, so the player is given the opportunity to explore any part of the world at any time they want to.

The supporting character, Elika, will have a large role in gameplay, in a sense where she saves the Prince from death. Ubisoft has emphasized that there will be no way to die in this game, as Elika will save you from any danger. For example, if the Prince slips and misses a jump, instead of falling to his death, Elika will grab him, and set him back on higher ground. Elika can also perform many combat moves, some in tandem with the Prince. If the Prince is downed in combat, Elika protects him as he regains his energy. She also assists in acrobatics. She boosts the Prince further then he can jump alone. She is also very acrobatic, performing the same moves as the Prince, with ease. When solving puzzles, Elika plays a role as well. If the Prince does not know where to go next, Elika will guide him in the right direction.

Other Features:

A new open world structure: A first for the Prince of Persia franchise – now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world.

All new for Next-Gen: The franchise's debut on next-generation consoles utilizes Ubisoft's proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.

Platform:
Pc, Ps3, Xbox360
Release Date: Q4 of 2008

Blizzard Fans!!!! FUCKER DIABLO IS COMING!!

Diablo III is an action role-playing game similar in style to its predecessor, Diablo II. The proprietary engine will incorporate Havok physics and feature destructible environments with an in-game damage effect. The developers are aiming to make the game run on a wide range of systems, and have stated that DirectX 10 will not be required. Diablo III will use a custom 3D game engine in order to present an overhead view to the player, in a somewhat similar way to the isometric view used in previous games in the series. Enemies will utilize the 3D environment as well, in ways such as crawling up the side of a wall from the depths into the combat area.

As in Diablo II, multiplayer games will be possible using Blizzard's Battle.net service, with many of the new features being developed for StarCraft II also available in Diablo III. Players will be able to drop in and out of sessions of co-operative play with others. Blizzard has stated that Diablo III is first and foremost a multi-player game, implying that players may still play solo, but will be better off playing with others in group situations.

Classes:
1.Barbarian
2. Witch Doctor
3. NOT YET REVEALED
4. NOT YET REVEALED
5. NOT YET REVEALED

Features:

*  Brand-new 3D graphics engine enhanced with spectacular visual effects and Havok physics
* Numerous indoor and outdoor areas detailing new regions in the world of Sanctuary
* Interactive environments with dangerous traps and obstacles, and destructible elements
* Randomly generated worlds bolstered by scripted events for endless and dynamic gameplay
* Vast assortment of fiendish monsters, with unique attack patterns and behaviors
* New quest system and character-customization options for the ultimate action RPG experience
* Multiplayer functionality over Battle.net with support for cooperative and competitive play

Platform:
Mac OSx, Windows

Release Date: TBA
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:50:02 AM by ezel »