RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Still spell jammed (Resolved)

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
For some reason, my characters in RM2K3 can't use any abilities except those with the "Increase/Decrease Resist" box checked. This has never happened to me before. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it/how I can get it to stop?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 06:45:33 PM by afroakuma »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Each magic is set up differently, and will fall under numerous categories ( not all of them  magic ) like you can have spell A fall under "Magic" and spell B fall under Skill, a character who doesn't have the "Skill" command won't be able to use spell B.

Just change the char battle commands, or change the category of the spell.

Unless your talking about abilities like "Fight"?

You have to set the abilities. Just go to class set up, and put in the skills ( magic, fight, earth magic etc ) you want, make sure the stats match of the original char and then give that class to the character you want. That's how I do it. Make a class, not a char. :)

I'm familiar with the Skill Subset requirements/generic header of Skill. My problem is that if I assign a class (and thus a character) the Magic skill subset, and assign a skill to the same subset, the character cannot use the skill unless it has the "Increase Resist" or "Decrease Resist" box checked.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
If you mean that if the resist box ( circled ) isn't ticked and that the spells don't work because of it, then you most likely have a bug. Download it again and re-install, your project will be fine you just have to search for it in the newly installed 2K3.

Check the picture and confirm that this is what your talking about...

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. I reinstalled RPG Maker 2003, and the problem is still there. Spells that DO have it ticked work fine. I've checked everything else in the settings, and that is the only common denominator. Is there a patch or some other workaround I could use, perhaps? Or might it have something to do with something else in-game?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:31:43 PM by afroakuma »

I found the problem; I had had all spells with a Weapon attribute; RPG Maker 2003 requires you to have a weapon equipped with the matching attribute to use Weapon skills.

For reference: This is NOT true when the skill affects resistance.