RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Valcon Sky: The Reopening

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
how do you do that? Is there a script where the map backround is the battle backround?

O and Nice screenies!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
You don't need a script to do it, you just take a snapshot of the map and forge it into a Battle Background.

Still, it's not like each map has it's own BBG, that would be...alot.  So..there is only 1 battle background (or two..) for a certain area.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
You don't need a script to do it, you just take a snapshot of the map and forge it into a Battle Background.

Still, it's not like each map has it's own BBG, that would be...alot.  So..there is only 1 battle background (or two..) for a certain area.

yeah...i actually had the idea to do each map one time...way to much work.

@Nouman-

listen well. Not EVERYTHING needs a script. Use your head. Plus, this game is being made in rm2k3, which doesnt use scripts, which means it requires more skill.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, WAY to much work.  You would also have a massive ammount of Battle Back Grounds as well.

I'm getting arrowone to fix up the BBGs ( if he still wants to) so they won't come out as odd, dis-colored maps (like that map above where Lance battle the two toads.  That one isn't bad, but the other cave one was horrendous.)

For more info see the following link: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=4965.0

If anyone else wants to help they can. :)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

@Nouman-

listen well. Not EVERYTHING needs a script. Use your head. Plus, this game is being made in rm2k3, which doesnt use scripts, which means it requires more skill.

I said that because a while back (not sure which fourm) i saw a link to a script someone made that took an image of where the person was standing and it became the battle backround, but when I clicked the link it said not found, and people left comments on how much the script helped them. So i thought maybe Lavata used a similar script.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well..here is a small demo (the beginning and a boss fight).  However, I will warn you now: It's rather large to download.  Only download if you have a fast computer.

Now, whoever happens to download it though, plase give me feedback. Thanks ^^

EDIT: Sorry.  The music and stuff in the last file was screwy and the wrong one played during the boss fight.  here is the correct version which is a little less in file size as well.

http://files.filefront.com//;6175997;;/

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
*downloading*

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
downloading as well.

jesus!! 38 megs? try to NOT use MP3's :P

anyways nouman, it doesnt matter if you saw a script posted...because hes using rm2k3. Ah well.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks.  And don't act suprised when you find out that it's short.  I warned you, so you took it upon yourself to download it.  =D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sorry, I forgot hes 2k3.

well so i have started playing it, and one thing I have already noticed is the (. . . ) is used ALOT, and it slows down the gameplay....wow I just got owned by that green thing!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Your supposed to.  Lol.  Hopefully people won't try to win when they're being delt 9999 damage.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Thanks.  And don't act suprised when you find out that it's short.  I warned you, so you took it upon yourself to download it.  =D

yeah...umm...ok. Maybe you should give Lance some potions, as i noticed even that huge emo toad ting in the escape route can own you if you dont use the right skills.

sorry, I forgot hes 2k3.

well so i have started playing it, and one thing I have already noticed is the (. . . ) is used ALOT, and it slows down the gameplay....wow I just got owned by that green thing!

nouman is right. Dont use as many "...", because it slows it down and makes whoever uses it seem like william shatner.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Lol..emo toad.  ANyway, I did give you potions (tonics) and a bunch of other items as well.  You can get a HP creta before the toad fight by looking in the crystals near the entrance to the cave.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Lol..emo toad.  ANyway, I did give you potions (tonics) and a bunch of other items as well.  You can get a HP creta before the toad fight by looking in the crystals near the entrance to the cave.

oh.

well wait, howcome i cant access items in battle? its sortof hard when you have to deal with being attacked every 5 seconds anyways...

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Th toad was easy for me o.o I actually wanted to make it harder for some reason.  Heh, I guess I'll have to lower is agility a bit.

You access items as useual:

Weapon-*click*-scroll down to items-items-selected item.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
oh. i guess i should play rm2k3 more.

And anyways, make it easier, because its the game's first ACTUAL monster. I mean...yeah. Or, maybe im just retarded today.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Lol.  Well, I had to make it so that it wouldn't only be so that you would be smashing the 'attack' command over and over while using a tonic every now and then.  In this I'm trying to make it so that it's not to easy but not to hard as well.  Every boss will require some thought and patience to beat.

Still..thanks for playing the short intro demo =)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Lol.  Well, I had to make it so that it wouldn't only be so that you would be smashing the 'attack' command over and over while using a tonic every now and then.  In this I'm trying to make it so that it's not to easy but not to hard as well.  Every boss will require some thought and patience to beat.

Still..thanks for playing the short intro demo =)

well, the part i have played. And anyways...i dont really think its a good idea to have a boss as the first monster you fight. You never fight a boss first.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
haha, yes that should be correct, well I have died 2 times already with that boss...I will try again and hopefully beat him, what is the gameplay like after the boss?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
He is not hard, actually.  He is very easy (well..not very easy..but easy) to beat.

So here, I shall help those who are stuck bcause I'm nice and it's fun to do.  Also...I'm bored out of my mind :)

------------------------------
Name: Jeanpo Toad
HP: 580
MP: 50
EXP: 0
Money: 5
Item: HP Creta-100% chance.
Skills:
Attack, Double Attack, Poisonous Breath, Recovery Toxin, Mighty Rec. Toxin, Mighty Jeanpo Spore.
Strategy:

-Use the Sword skill "Thrusting Charge". Your MP will now be to 5. Use "Sword Gash" on your next turn. After that use a tonic then a Soul Refresher to recover HP and MP.

-If poisoned use a herb.

-Pummel it like that until it dies.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
and official strategy guide starts..? lol

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Lol.  I'd like to see a strategy guide for a 5 Min game.  That would be small....

But on another note: no.  Not unless I actually finish this and have a superb ammount of time :P

I know it was a joke...but I'm just saying >.>

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
a guide for games made on this fourm, is like unheard of...ir would be very cool

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Possibly, possibly. No one would like to go through that process, though.

Ok..so I've started working on this again after my little break. I've just started the map outside the room where you fight the frog.  This one, however, is larger and more detailed than the others.  I'm trying to make good maps and make a good story =)

Oh..and here is another screenie

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sweet screenshot.