RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Raised by Monsters - Intro Demo.

Rep:
Level 89
Hiho peeps!

Just finished the intro of my personal upcoming masterpiece!
(at least, I hope so  :roll: )
Oh well.. the story is well explaned in a .txt file that's in the Raised by Monsters folder.

If someone want's the story explaned in this thread.. well.. just simply say
something like: Post the @$#&$* story you $#*%*!!!
Ok Ok.. enough talking.. here's the link! (I know.. Megaupload sux, I don't care though  :^^: )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FD9B8RJE (made with rpgm xp)

Comments on the intro, like what has to change and such, are very welcome.
Hope you enjoy the short, but hopefully strong intro!!  :D

Greetz, Helipluis.

(p.s    Sorry if downloading takes a bit too long.. it's cuz of all the imported
          resources =( )

[Edit] At request, I'll post the story =)

It all starts with a big war between a Alliance (Humans, Dwarves, Elves)
against The Horde (Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, you name it.)
The Horde was created by a very Dark god, who was mortal 250 years ago.
He and his horde, destroyed many Alliance towns, his name is Balliar.
He destroyed so many towns, that his lust for taking over the land blinded him. He stormed in on every village without any tactics..
While in battle with the Humans, Elves attacked The Horde from the south, which forced The Horde to retreat.
They didn't succeed though.. The Horde, and Balliar himself.. got killed.
The Elves and Humans took his evil heart, to a place called the halls of ildorath, which is guarded by Guardians with great strenght.

The Horde was defeated.. but.. 4 evil creatures of The Horde still stayed alive..
These creatures, are called Dragons. They were created by Balliar, in order to give The Horde tactics , in dominating the mortal lands.
Since Balliar died, these Dragons are now leading The Horde.
In 250 years, The Horde grew 50 times stronger and bigger then it was before.. the Alliance is on the edge of destruction, and the world is about to fall..

But.....

There's a hero, son of a General who protect his village called Aslania, with his live.
This hero (Named Herminius, u r able to change name though!) is being
taken by The Horde.. at his day of birth, The Horde storm in on the village of Aslania, brutely kill everyone who stand in their way.. they were searching for Herminius.. because The Dragons believe, that Herminius is the one , who can enter the Halls of Ildorath, destroy the guardians, and take the heart of Balliar, so he can set foot as a mortal once again..
The Horde killed his mum and dad, took Herminius, and turned the whole village into a new race of the horde: Called the Undead.

The aslanian invasion force of the horde, are now moving back to the underworld, where their home base lies..
In the early evening, they decide to take a break, and rest at the biggest mountains of the land, called the Sacred Mountains.
(to get to the underworld, you must pass these mountains)
But while resting, the horde got attacked by some creatures they have never seen before, they are simply called Giants.
The Giants didn't like trespassers in their mountains, so they attacked.
After the orcs and goblins got slaughterd, they saw Herminius, the baby.
They decided not to kill him, because he was still very young.
They took them into the inner mountains, and for 22 years.. they raised Herminius to a warrior, with looks of a human, but with the strenght of a Giant..

At the age of 22, Herminius didn't knew anything about the day he was born.. he can't remember his parents too.. that's why, the giants are the only parents he ever knew.
But there was a wizard.. who knows that the horde won't stop looking for herminius..
This wizard, is called Herdaros.
He is the most powerfull wizard of the land, part of a wizards guild named:
The circle of Adanos.
Adanos is the most favoured god of the Humans, and dwarves.
The elves believe in a unknown god.. a god, who's special power is "Nature"

The Wizard invaded the Sacred Mountains alone, to get Herminius before the horde does.
As again.. the Giants attacked Herdaros, and he was forced to kill them all.
Herminius was taken to Herdaros' house against his will.. but it was for the better..

Herminius was instructed in the ways the human's are ment to live.
After another 3 years of war against the horde.. Herminius became a real human, but he hasn't lost his Giants power.
As soon as he meets the king, he get's a mission.
This mission is:
Take a party and cross the sacred mountains to the underworld, from there, we wants you and your party (Herminius, herdaros, and 2 girls I aint telling the names of ;)) will have to flank the Dragons, and kill them.
Because without these dragons, the horde won't have any tactics, and without tactics.. it's like a Horde without a brain

I hope you like the story, and I also hope you like the intro!
Here are some screenshots, any comments? :)

Special thanks to:
Dwarra -> For his very nice House Tut  :wink:
HaloOfTheSun-> For his advice to post this story+screenies :)
Started RPG making once again!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Robin, the game rocks, you know that, I know that, and everyone else should know that. XD Well, I've played it before, and am even in the credits, lol. This game should be great Ro, don't worry.  :)

I didnt thought you was working with Rpg maker (?)
Anyways i download the demo now

Rep:
Level 89
@Elfenbow => Thanks m8 for supporting the game, and for the great graphical artworks!
@Linkan => Sorry, it's made with rpgm xp, edited in first post , thanks!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
1. Find a better host that megaupload ><
2. Moving to appropiate forum :/

[EDIT] Shite... it was... I APOLOGISE ><[/list]

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: dwarra
1. Find a better host that megaupload ><
2. Moving to appropiate forum :/

[EDIT] Shite... it was... I APOLOGISE ><[/list]

LOL!

No problem Dwarra  :wink:

Rep:
Level 90
Sounds interesting, i'll download later.

Also I added you on MSN.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: thatsmypie
Sounds interesting, i'll download later.

Also I added you on MSN.

Cool, cya there =)

oops of some reason i thought this guy was the bodge??????

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: LinkaN
oops of some reason i thought this guy was the bodge??????

Care to explain what "Bodge" Means? ;/

Rep:
Level 90
lol, bodge is a user on the forums.

Rep:
Level 89
Aah alright, lol thanks :)

Rep:
Level 89
First post: Updated.

Now explains the storyline and shows some screenies.
Comments are very welcome please  :D  :D

Very cool!!

Just one question:
Why do you write halo to your special thnks cause he tells you to post the story?

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: LinkaN
Just one question:
Why do you write halo to your special thnks cause he tells you to post the story?

Well..
1-Cuz he's so kind to spend a few min of his life to explain that posting your story might get you more people to test the demo.
2- From now on, I'll do it with every game which I post.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: kenshin16
Very cool!!

Thanks!!  =)

Rep:
Level 89
I really like your game!!

you gave me some ideas too  :twisted:

If you hate snakes then theres a 100% chance that i hate you!

Dont click here ------> http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?the%20serpent

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: serpent
I really like your game!!

you gave me some ideas too  :twisted:

lol, thanks!  :twisted:

Rep:
Level 91
why do you have Bodge's avi, you must have right click his avi and whent into properties and copyed the link. his link and your link are the exact same. have the same avi as another member (and what you did is stealing) is not good :evil:

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: gongo
why do you have Bodge's avi, you must have right click his avi and whent into properties and copyed the link. his link and your link are the exact same. have the same avi as another member (and what you did is stealing) is not good :evil:

lol? I had it a long time already, but lost it.
So I just "borrowed" it from "bodge".
So why bother posting this useless message.. it's just an avitar...
So it's not what you call "stealing".
Think before u post...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Take it to PMs guys. Lets stay on topic.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
I agree with halo..
If you want to say "I stole".. say it in PM..

More comments on the demo please?  :lol:

great work, i like how its done and the story sounds great.

-Jak-

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks for the support guys, I hope I can show some gameplay at the end of the month  :D

I just HATED one thing, on thye folder theres a Screen Shot with a giant named Brazilian and talking about smoking weed "We BR smoke weed", but here in Brazil there may een b a big problem with drugs but this doesnt means that every ppl here is a drugged delinquent, i really didnt like that Racism of yours...
Project: Legend of Zelda: Searching the Faeries progress: 1%
[/url]

Rep:
Level 90
lol, no one can take a joke these days. Its like the little britain series, they take the mick outta disabled people, fat people, asian people, and its all a joke. lol

Rep:
Level 89
Lmao.. it wasn't ment to be rasism..
It's just like, I play this game named tibia, and it's overunned by Brasils, and they always talk about weed, so I made that screenshot just for fun..
So dude, go and get some help or something, cause your sense of humor REALLY is sh*t, and keep on the topic next time..
Br?