RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New Idea. Anyone Interested?

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I thought up an idea for a game, but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it, mostly because I'm already working on an RMVX game, a Game Maker game, an Adobe Flash CS3 game, and a Java game module. So, I'm pretty busy already. If anyone is interested, here's the idea:
New Game Idea!
Description
The game takes place in a modern day world, no magic or anything fantasy like, weapons would involve guns and melee, maybe a baseball bat for example, and skills would involve adrenaline shots, lockpicking, ect. There could even be grenades as combat items. Rather than potions, a First-Aid kit instead. A real world, not a fantasy world. However, the story is the REAL unique idea. There is a group. This group is called something awesome like "The Exterminators" or something crazy like that. Their main goal is to make humans more like all the other creatures of the world. Every creature has a place they can and can't live. Humans, however, can live wherever they want to with the right materials and equipment. Whether it be in arctic weather or under a blazing sun. This group is trying to destroy civilization in parts of the world where humans would not be able to live if it wasn't for buildings and heating and water treatment plants. In other words, they are trying to make humans natural. They are trying to limit the number of places where humans can live so that they do not overpopulate the world, therefore letting mother nature take its course and "save" the world. Unfortunately, this means the deaths of billions of people, as well as the complete destruction of ordered society. This group thinks that what they are doing is right, but the billions of lives that are on the line do not think it is right. This group is not exactly small, however. There are many other fanatics that agree with what is going on, which supplies them with funds for nuclear weapons and the like.

It's a pretty dark theme, huh? With the right person behind the keyboard, it could turn out pretty good. With a choice text system, you could even change how the story ends. Who wins. An allignment system would be perfect for a game like this. So, if anyone is interested, give it a shot, it might turn out good.

If anyone is in fact interested with a theme like this, you do not have to credit me for the idea. It's just something I thought up on my free time. Thought I'd suggest it to RMRK.
;D

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
It sounds like a great idea for a game! I would love to make the game, but I simply am not experienced in RPG Maker (yet) to make the game.

Anyone with some free time and enough experience should seriously consider this game idea!
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
I'm working on a sci-fi/pulp game right now and wouldn't mind exchanging ideas and code on modern tech, skills, and combat systems. Send me a PM and we can chat.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
the idea of a modern world is not new...
see a game i saw called sore losers
and in the xas demo there is a place called war in city

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I know, I never said the modern world was the new idea, it's the story that's my idea.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
i love u and i think i have a game idea you might like it's about overpopulation in a way too and some of your theme in a way but yours is a fully developed idea and definitely cool. plz message me if u want to know my idea(i just dont want anyone taking it and doing a better job i have nothing to work on right now but rpgmaker skills and this game before i try getting into game design school or something)plz message me

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Drop me a line for a few graphics.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
I know this is off topic but The Box, that is the best username I've ever seen!
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Agreed, but there are a lot of creative names out there. And couldn't you have just sent a PM or something? Nah, I'm just yanking your chain, post whatever the hell you want here.

By the way, NECROPOST BWAAHHH!!!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I CAN NECROPOST TOO THEN

Still doing this?

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Ok, maybe I was misunderstood. I'm not doing this game. This post is for people who want to take on the idea and make the game themselves. I'm just passing on what I thought was a good idea. So please, people, Stop sending me PM's about whether or not I'm doing this game.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Daww whut.

Otay.