RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Mortar's Songs

Rep:
Level 87
I am Mortar, you lose.
This is a battle song I made.

Rate please and tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3d351oh5jx1
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:27:21 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
I like the progression that's starts at 51 seconds and goes to around 56 seconds.  Of course that part repeats,,hehe.

I don't like how that progression ends though,,seems like you could have done more with it.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 87
I am Mortar, you lose.
Yeah, it's only a 'demo', it's not finished yet.

Thanks for the comment.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Here's my honest opinion:

I think you have talent. You know how to build chords. It's definitely catchy, until around 45 seconds in. That progression is good for a bit, but grates after a while. Mess around with it and I think you'll have something cool. Second, distorted midi guitars sound shitty. This is not fault of your own, and I'm sure you know that already. Try mixing it up a bit. Lastly, (and this is just an observation, don't read too much into it) the beginning sounds a bit like the final boss of Earthbound's music.

I'm just throwing some stuff out there, because I know how annoying it is when not many people reply to a musician's song threads. Also, I hope you don't think I'm being an asshole or whatever. I'm really not. You can discard this message if you want, lol.

Rep:
Level 87
I am Mortar, you lose.
Here's my honest opinion:

I think you have talent. You know how to build chords. It's definitely catchy, until around 45 seconds in. That progression is good for a bit, but grates after a while. Mess around with it and I think you'll have something cool. Second, distorted midi guitars sound shitty. This is not fault of your own, and I'm sure you know that already. Try mixing it up a bit. Lastly, (and this is just an observation, don't read too much into it) the beginning sounds a bit like the final boss of Earthbound's music.

I'm just throwing some stuff out there, because I know how annoying it is when not many people reply to a musician's song threads. Also, I hope you don't think I'm being an asshole or whatever. I'm really not. You can discard this message if you want, lol.
Not at all.

Thanks for the comment, and I know the midi distortion guitar sounds crappy but, what can I do about it, lol.
I never heard of Earthbound. o_o
Like I said, it's still a demo that needs editing, so that's why it's not perfect(which it will never be).

Anyway, thanks again for the reply and thanks for the tips. ;D

Rep:
Level 87
I am Mortar, you lose.
Here's a new song I made for a village in the woods:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewtzj2jlbcw

Rep:
Level 87
I am Mortar, you lose.
Another one for a forest:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5x4mxmiujwd

Opinions please.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Battle: This isn't bad, but the sound needs to be filled out a lot more during the verses and the end gets repetitive. At least you can build chords like Holk said. Another tip: don't double up the guitars. It makes it sound really bad =/

Greenvale: This also isn't bad. You have some interesting progressions here. It's nothing spectacular, but it's not awful.

Forest: The progession here was pretty predictable, and it was horribly repetitive. I mean, to the point where I was just like "GET A MOVE ON ALREADY." Something has to be done about this one, you seriously have to switch it up because at this point it's just monotonous to the point of being annoying.

Overall you're pretty good and you'll definitely get better with time so keep at it.