RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Music Theory for TabIt Users

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
This thread was originally for the last file attached in this post, the Basic Music Theory - 8 - Getting Away From Diatonic Chord Progressions tab.
Here's what I originally wrote:

I made this TabIt file a few days ago about Diatonic chords progressions (i.e. chord progressions that stay in key). Well, the tab was about how to get around it, and use more than just the same seven chords, without needing to change keys.

Check it out if you're interested in making your music more interesting.

But in the end I decided to attach all my theory tabs, because some other people might be interested.

If you have any random questions about theory, feel free to ask them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:07:27 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This is awesome. It's like a whole Tab-It tutorial. Well, it kinda is one though, isn't it? It's awesome, and if you feel like it, totally make more, this is going to help me one hell of a lot.

Rep:
Level 96
That's actually the 8th tab in a music theory series I've already started/finished (kinda).

The first two were worthless, and I don't know why I made them, but I've attached the other 5 to my first post.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:00:58 PM by Samurai Pizza Karl »

Rep:
Level 96
These are all fantastic. Have you put these up at tabit? A lot of people could really, really benefit from these!

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, lol, they've been up on TabIt for about a year now.

Rep:
Level 96
And now we are up to date. Seeing as how this is a tutorial, I think you should sticky it. ;8

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 88
And now we are up to date. Seeing as how this is a tutorial, I think you should sticky it. ;8

Or put it in a child board? In case there are other tutorials that will be uploaded. Just a suggestion (depending on the amounts of programs used it could be pointless to make a child board).

Rep:
Level 96
No, that's a bit far I think. This pretty much covers it for tabit, minus the program itself, and I'm sure most other programs will only really need one topic, so stickies should work.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Very interesting. Listening to / watching / reading these has basically made me realise I know nothing =p.
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
NOW I KNOW <3
Arlen is hot.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i didnt realise these were here ill take a look

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, bump 'cuz I think the topic thread should be updated (just in case someone looks here) 'cuz of THIS:

http://www.tabit.net/tabs/list.php?f=5203

Yeah, the bottom three things by our very own tree.

Plus, I need help with secondary dominant chords. ;-; The way arl explained it went over my head.

EDIT: Okay, after looking it over, I got it, LOL. Idk why I had trouble.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:17:25 AM by mastermoo420 »