RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Animations too light on map screen [Resolved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I'm using the legal English version of RMXP.  I've noticed that when you play an animation on an enemy during a battle, that the animation looks just as it is supposed to.  But if you play that same animation on a player battle picture, XP apparently has a "feature" that makes that animation lighter.  It also does this on map screens, when you use events to play animations on sprites or other events.

This is frustrating me because I am trying to make a blood splurt animation.  It is red if used on a battle monster, but when I use it on an event, the red blood turns a sort of light pink colour.  I have tried turning the blood so dark that it became black, and I have tried saturating it to the point of it hurting my eyes to look at it.  Nothing changes ingame, though.  It is always the same shade of pink.

http://www.geocities.com/purpguy/blood1.gif

You can see in this image the shade of red that normally appears when this animation is played in a battle.

http://www.geocities.com/purpguy/blood2.gif

See that pink cloud of gas around the girl with blue hair?  Yup, it's that same animation.  Believe it or not.

All animations lighten when played on a map screen, even the RTP animations.  Is there any way to disable this effect?  There might be something in the script editor that controls this but I've been looking for a few hours now and can't find anything.  It doesn't help either that I know absolutely nothing about scripts.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:20:28 PM by HaloOfTheSun »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Go to the animation in question, and click the mass modify button. Change the blending from positive to normal.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
On this version it was the Cell Batch button, with the Blending checkbox, with options for Add, Normal, and Sub.

Thanks for the help man.  It's much appreciated.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Not a problem, any time. I forgot you were using legal. ;D