RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Annoying Game Disc. [RESOLVED!!!! U.U]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Yeah....I have done everything, me can't Make a Game Disc...and Adding all those files for the Demo...is painfully taking TOO long.

Any way I could make so since I cazn't make a Game Disc to make the Files Smaller?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:58:32 AM by Dark Angel Sion »

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
u could just put the entire game folder into a .zip...
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
u could just put the entire game folder into a .zip...
421 MB....not a bad idea...but still it would be big.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
upload the game using something, send to me and I'll make your game disk.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
upload the game using something, send to me and I'll make your game disk.
I'm Uploading the Game as I post....

Via Tomorrow there shall be a PM from me...with the link to the game, Everything is fixed, no Bugs, except in the 2nd Level.

Other than that, There shouldn't be no bugs whatsoever.

And, many thanx Nouman =D

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
*Just to add a note for future references:

I had the same problem, my game wouldn't create a game disc, I upgraded my computer and copied the exact same files from the older com and it created a game disc fine.

BTW: I have the same problem as you, my game is too big, 600mb is the smallest I can get it and that is by creating a game disc and compressing THAT file into a zip ( doing that only reduced the file by 2mb ::) ). PM me if you find a solution and I'll do the same.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
WOW DS, I think its because of your audio? check how much your music folder takes up.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
WOW DS, I think its because of your audio? check how much your music folder takes up.
Nah, I have an avi. movie in there. What would be swell is if there was a way to convert this into mpg. I made the movie in windows movie maker which has limted formats to save in.

Without the movie, or added MP3's the file is still 200mb of pure maps and events. I've only completed an hour demo in the first city too... >_>

<3
Rep:
Level 90
What I'd do is split the game up into two, and people download them separately.

~Winged

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
*Just to add a note for future references:

I had the same problem, my game wouldn't create a game disc, I upgraded my computer and copied the exact same files from the older com and it created a game disc fine.

BTW: I have the same problem as you, my game is too big, 600mb is the smallest I can get it and that is by creating a game disc and compressing THAT file into a zip ( doing that only reduced the file by 2mb ::) ). PM me if you find a solution and I'll do the same.
  ::) Seems we have a problem in common...But I don't have a Movie, Mostly it's the Musics and the Multiple Sprites in it, which are all used....

What I'd do is split the game up into two, and people download them separately.

~Winged
I would've done that if I read that yesterday....;-; Maybe on next update.

I sended the Files to Nouman via PM....see if there is something that can be done.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I have sent a PM to you.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I have sent a PM to you.
It worked...Thanx Nouman =D

I'll add you to the Credits on the next update.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
No problem. And no, no need to credit. All I did was take all audio files out of game folder, make game disk, then move them back in.