RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Another issue...[RESOLVED]

pokeball TyeOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Newbie Game maker
Well, I want to make it so when my character goes somewhere else to do a quest or soemthing, he comes back to find a new person in aq place he's a;ready been. Like, for example, my character accepts a quest to go hunting a certain type of monster. When he defeats the monster, the person gives him a reward. when he goes back to the place to meet the person, a new person is in the place. Help?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:03:38 AM by Tye »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
use switches...after he kills the monster make an event and turn on switch ONE (or any open switch), if the new guy is re-placing the old one, go to the old guys event page, click add new event page at the top. Set the switch on the left to the same switch that will turn on after you killed the monster, make the image into a different person and WALA its a new person!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball TyeOfflineMale
Newbie Game maker
No, I mean, the other person is still there, but a new person is standing nearby.

By the way, how do you make an object have your player save?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ha, simple for the first one, instead of editing the ma's events, make a new event with the guys pic you want and set it to turn on with the switch you set to turn on after you kill the monster....and he will auto appear in the place after the switch is turned on..

also to make an object save is sorta hard and sorta not...Ill whip Up a demo for you in a bit.

pokeball TyeOfflineMale
Newbie Game maker
Okay thanks. I'll try to figure out this "Trigger" thing right now...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here you go for the save point...I attached a demo...sorry I was sorta busy with a few other people needing help so the eventing isnt perfect but Im sure you can fix it. you have to hold up while touching the thing in the center then while holding UP press ESC to bring up the menu and now you can save...walk away from it and try esc and you cant save.  ;D

pokeball TyeOfflineMale
Newbie Game maker
Yay! thank you so much.

But unfortunately, I have another problem. I have no idea on how to do the "Switch" thing... You think you could show me to a tutorial or tell me yourself? I really need help with that.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here I set up your switch events in case you need some visual help:

here is the monster:

and here is the guy's event

an easier way would be to have the monster give you an unuseable item after you beat it...then you set up the's event to show only when you have ____ in inventory...if you want to set it like this ask me

pokeball TyeOfflineMale
Newbie Game maker
So, if the switch for the man is checked, then, once I talk to him, the monster will appear? Is that how it works?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no....set up your boss like how its set up on the first screenshot...then set up the guy how its in the second screenshot...the guy wont show..but when you beat the monster the guy will show wherever you placed the event at...

pokeball TyeOfflineMale
Newbie Game maker
Yay! I finally did it, all thanks to you! You are so helpful, thank you so much! You are officially my favorite member on this site! Thank you so much!

[RESOLVED]

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem...Anyways to help you with events I will set up a short easy demo to show how it can be done with an item gain.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here you go:

sorry for bad maps  ;D I was trying to just get the demo out.