RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Another question >.<

Rep:
Level 90
Umm. Im trying to make a game where you have 10 chests and you can only choose three.. You have to go through a door to get into the room with the chests, but you have to pay the guy before you can go through them.. Can I just put the guy in front of the door, and if you pay the money he wants, he will move out of the way with a move event? also, Is there a way to make the chests have random items? and is there a way to make the player exit after he/she has recieved 3 items from three different chests?
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: Neko
Can I just put the guy in front of the door, and if you pay the money he wants, he will move out of the way with a move event?

Yes, definately.

also, Is there a way to make the chests have random items?

Yes, by making use of random variables and conditional branches.

and is there a way to make the player exit after he/she has recieved 3 items from three different chests?

Yes. Make a variable. Name it "Chest Number", or whatever. Each time a player selects a chest, make it go up one. When it gets to three, have an event that will teleport the player outside, reset the variable to 0, and move the man back in front of the door.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
Its not working :( The timer (on the timer help topic ) or the variable thing... Sorry. Im a noob
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd