RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: Character Maker 1999

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I recently downloaded Character Maker 1999 from the downloads section. And I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a tutorial for Character Maker 1999? If not, would anyone be able to make one for me. Since it's a resource on our downloads page I would imagine the tutorial would be stickied.

-R1

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Honestly? I wasn't even aware it existed. It says it comes with a help file, so maybe take a look at that? Though you probably have already.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Yeah I have. And it wasn't very helpful. What I could really use is a guide for making sprites for RMXP.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
There is no guide, really. Just take an RTP graphic, pull it apart with MS paint, and study the individual pieces. (How they are shaded, etc.) Practice, compare, repeat. That's how I learned, and it works for any computer graphic style.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Do not use character maker 1999

Just start dividing pre-existing graphics into parts, such as hair:

hair style
clothes
eyes
boots
accessories

and just tinker with them and combine them in random assortments to get some outcomes.
~Banned~