RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Towns For Newbs-With Images

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
Morning class,this morning I will be teaching you how to make maps for towns.

Step 1: Open RMXP
Step 2: Make A new map(about 30x20-for starters) Note: When you get better a mapping you will make map for towns prolly 100x 80

Step 3: Change your Tile Set to castle town for this tutorial.

If you dont know how to change it ,you right click on the map--->map properties,then pick your tileset.
Step 4: Create a border around the town.(Lack of trees in the town set make me use walls.)

Step 5: Lay down floor tiles,like in the image.

Step 6: Switch to your second layer,and add some buildings,like an Inn,Weapon/Armor Shop and an item shop,then add some extra building of your choice. Then add some other things like a cemetary or a fountain.

Step 7: Add some vegetation to your map. Add some trees. On that ,never line trees up in a straight row. Remember Nature is random.

Step 7: Add people,animals,pretty much,add the events you need to have a real town. Your town should end up something like this.

Thats it,your all done with your town. Though of course,once you learn more,your maps will look much better,than this practice map.
Class dismissed.

Note: This is my very first tutorial,i've written. Rate it please.
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
hey thanks for this tutorial it really help me understand the rpg maker more thanks.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
I should say that other mapping tutorials happen to be a bit more "complete" maps. I see a whole lot of empty space, a graveyard that seems out of place, only 4 houses in a castle town.

Of course, it is a pleasurable read for those who are starting this whole business.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
yeah its just 30-20 i think thats why

Might be helpful to some, nice.
Arlen is hot.