RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Borderlands

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Borderlands discussion thread.
Code: Account Names [Select]

Spoiler for Screenshots:

If you want in on some of this hot action, post your account name.
Pirated version works online btw.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:37:08 PM by The Spy »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
I are has bought it :(. But i has lots of money. However i cant play it till friday because EU release dates do not make sense.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I want to join in but I think my computer sucks too much for it. ;-;

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
My 610 MB ram can barely handle Dragonica, so it will lag every millisecond for this game.
Hi

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
my account name is: angrykaden

starfyre/sword get on irc you fuckers

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Irockman :]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
something is wrong with multiplayer.
as in.
Fire, Irock, and I are completely unable to connect to anyone, and the server browser keeps locking up the games.

who the hell even uses gamespy anymore?
seriously.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I wish I had xbox live, or a PC that could play this game.
My roomate has it for Xbox, and my Siren character makes heads explode with her fist, and electrocutes people down to skeletons.
But he has the live account, not me.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 83
Earth Crest Guardian
meh its good but i dont like it :-[

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I want to join in but I think my computer sucks too much for it. ;-;
My 610 MB ram can barely handle Dragonica, so it will lag every millisecond for this game.
Go post this in every modern game thread xD
My roomate has it for Xbox, and my Siren character makes heads explode with her fist, and electrocutes people down to skeletons.
Sounds badass, Starfyre's Siren SUCKS
something is wrong with multiplayer.
as in.
Fire, Irock, and I are completely unable to connect to anyone, and the server browser keeps locking up the games.

who the hell even uses gamespy anymore?
seriously.
Apparently Hamachi doesnt work but some other program that starts with a T does

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Tunngle is the shit.

Rep:
Level 83
Earth Crest Guardian
dont plan on making one?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I started as a Siren last night, this game is off the hook. =O
Only level 10 but I plan on playing some more right now. I'm wondering if I should play as a different class?

I feel guilty for downloading this game but I will eventually buy it, it's that great. Just need to save up a bit before I go blow it all.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Tezuka101

Just created my account. :)

Rep:
Level 89
Shadowdude164
:)

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
From what I seen, the game is amazing. I really want to try it out, once my other computer gets back from the shop, I'll try buying the game and playing.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Siren level 24, hit and run tactics are -boss-

Rep:
Level 96
+160% melee! :D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
How does this work online;what account name and how do I connect with a pirated version...?
If it's a gamespy account I need I think I have one from UT3, I never bothered to clikc on the online settings for Borderlands though.

Siren level 24, hit and run tactics are -boss-

I don't know what you mean, but I'm almost to level 15 and I'm loving headshots and fire, and I'm waiting on my x3 Explosion Snipe at  level 15. :D
Daze is fucking awesome when you're overwhelmed and the electric skill after using phasewalk is just great.

Sniper Rifle, SMG and a Shotgun work pretty well for taking on almost anything. Siren seems pretty sweet so far.

Rep:
Level 97
Sniper Rifle, SMG and a Shotgun work pretty well for taking on almost anything. Siren seems pretty sweet so far.
Good luck using any of those on Skagzilla, Mad Mel or Mothrakk

Infinite Ammo revolver, ohhh shhiiiiittttt
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:59:18 AM by D???ø?_????d »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Good luck using any of those on Skagzilla, Mad Mel or Mothrak.

What do you recommend? I haven't actually seen any other weapons than those and Repeaters and the Assault Rifles.

So far I've yet to fight an enemy that really handed my ass to me. I've gotten knocked down like twice? the first was doing a Hard level mission (weird balancing, Hard are genuinely hard whereas I see no difference between Tough and Easy) and the other way two Midgets with axes in a closed space. :x

My current weapon lineup is like a Sniper Rifle with x1 (x2 possibly) Explosion and pretty high damage compared to all of the other snipers I've seen at my level (except one which didn't have any good bonuses); my fire SMG which really sucks now, it's like something I picked up at level 7 :x and an Explosive Shotgun that I just picked up but haven't actually used.

Anyone else find midgets to be hilarious? I dunno, it's kind of like a throwback to the pygmies of Diablo 2 which were my favorite/least favorite enemies in the game.

Rep:
Level 97
If you do the Arena missions in the starting area you get an amazing revolver that I just now stopped using. I highly suggest you find a good Hunter's Shotgun. There's a high chance of a blue rarity one spawning in the chest outside of Sledge's Safehouse. A good Spread or Helix rocket launcher will help a ton too. Also elemental combat rifles rape.

And I just think the midgets are annoying, aiming at them for the longest time, then they shoot at me and get knocked on their ass from recoil and fuck up my shot.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I've got a level 24 siren <3 The phase walk sets people on fire while electrocuting them :)

Im gonna get this for PC today as i only have it on 360 :)

Rep:
Level 96
I kicked Mad Mel's ass by getting out of my vehicle and running up with my awesome shotgun.
After dying 20 times because my car kept blowing up. Fuckin rocket launchers, those Outrunners are hard to catch!

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah I just got out and ELEPHANT GUNNED Mad Mel to death

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
That's what I did, but I stood on that little ramp that leads into his arena  and ran down every time he shot a rocket at me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Up to level 26, took out King Wee Wee.

Got myself set up for massive amounts of shield and health regen, haven't had trouble working it yet.

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
I has it now :>

YeyindeTheYautja

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Ferenn :]

It's a cool game, feels like I've only scratched the surface after doing a fair bit of playing.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So I hit 20. Got some better equipment (actually same weapon types but much better stats now) and got out of the Fyrestone areas.

I also have a nice shield with health regen. Sledge was kind of tricky, died twice, but then I just waiting for Phase to come back and then hitting him with everything I had worked like a charm. :)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Apparently Yeyinde is the only person I can connect to. ;o

Sledge was kind of tricky, died twice, but then I just waiting for Phase to come back and then hitting him
I love playing Berserker. Using my action skill and then beating the fuck out of something with my fists seems to fit my personality. Plus I get health regen with it on. I used it and beat Sledge to death.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Apparently Yeyinde is the only person I can connect to. ;o

Sledge was kind of tricky, died twice, but then I just waiting for Phase to come back and then hitting him
I love playing Berserker. Using my action skill and then beating the fuck out of something with my fists seems to fit my personality. Plus I get health regen with it on. I used it and beat Sledge to death.

Fists + Fire artifact = WIN. WHEN I PUNCH YOU MY FISTS EXPLODE HURR!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Hell yeah, ahref. Fire artifact kicks ass.

also;

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:00:05 AM by Firerain »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Downloading it from DH :|
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I used an explosive Shotgun till his shield was either gone or mostly gone, and then I reloaded and used Phasewalk and then hit that SOB with everything I had. It took like three of those or something, I was at like 25% health so I really had to place it safe.

Incendiary artifact is much more fun than Electric in my opinion, but the DoT is pretty good (except it's only 2 points :P).

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Got to level 3 and then it crashed. Haven't played again yet, but it seems like it will be repetitive.
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Got to level 3 and then it crashed. Haven't played again yet, but it seems like it will be repetitive.

Kind of...I haven't played with anyone yet, and I hear it is [repetitive] if you don't, but I find it to be very fun. It reminds me a lot of UT2K4 RPG Invasion, which is really, really repetitive but also the best FPS mod I've ever played.

It gets pretty annoying fighting the same bandits in the same spot over and over again, but I think it pays off when you get to the bosses and harder areas.  :)

Rep:
Level 102
How do you beat kram? He just takes infinite damage, his HP doesn't go down. =|
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
How do you beat kram? He just takes infinite damage, his HP doesn't go down. =|
Blow up his turret while he's on it.

Rep:
Level 96
Up where he is, there's a box your can duck behind. Pop up, take a few shots, go down, reload. Repeat.
You'll be protected against his turret (when you're down) and you have a clear shot (when you're up).

Then again, I do all the sidequests and shit at the same time, so my character was pretty over-leved at that point.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
What does the girls phasewalk do?  I'm playing as black soldier.

Rep:
Level 96
For about 10 seconds, it triples your running speed, and makes you invisible/invincible.
When you melee while in Phasewalk, your Phasewalk ends, but you deal massive damage to your intended target.
(Only if you downloaded the update. Originally, this melee attack was literally left out, but the update fixed this bug.)
It's useful for a quick, powerful attack, but even more useful for escaping when you're in a shit storm.

Upgrades:
- Going in/coming out of Phasewalk can deal elemental damage within a certain radius.
- Melee attack in Phasewalk can do up to 800% extra Melee damage.
- Just being near somebody in Phasewalk can do electrical damage.
- Being in Phasewalk can restore health.

The cooldown is like 36 seconds, but that can be brought down to (I think) about 20 seconds.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
So what would your opinion on the "best" overall character be?

I've been playing as black soldier, but it seems like Mordecai is a lot better, from what my friend is telling me.

Rep:
Level 96
I tried playing the black guy, I absolutely hated it. His turret thing kind of sucks, too. Maybe I just had some bad luck with weapons or something, I dunno, but whenever I played with my roomate, I'd die repeatedly.

I really enjoy playing as the Siren. I'm up to level 32 now, and my character is ridiculously awesome.
I tried the hunter for 10 or so levels, and also loved it. But then I started a Siren character, and haven't turned back.

The berserker is the only one I haven't tried, but my roomate seems to enjoy him.

As for who's best, I can't really say. But it's not the soldier. lol

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Who's Kram?

I beat Mad Mel and King Wee Wee the other day, both relatively easy. I kind of just took out Mel from the sidelines out of the buggy since it made it a lot harder.
I'm rocking a nice and powerful scoped SMG, a Static Shotgun, an incendiary Combat Rifle (Sword you're right, this thing rocks) and I think an Explosive SMG too.
Diva seems to be pretty good right now since I can't find a shield better than my current shield. But overall I think I'm going to stay focused on Assassin and Elementalist. Controller seems like it has some great skills but they're really high up. :|

Siren is awesome, I haven't played any other classes but she definitely does it for me.

Rep:
Level 102
Up where he is, there's a box your can duck behind. Pop up, take a few shots, go down, reload. Repeat.
You'll be protected against his turret (when you're down) and you have a clear shot (when you're up).

Then again, I do all the sidequests and shit at the same time, so my character was pretty over-leved at that point.

It was a bug, I did hundreds of thousands of pts of damage on him, but his HP stayed full. Loaded the game up again later and he died like normal. Completed it now. Maybe I'll do the second playthrough thing.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I'm working on my second playthrough. I'm still in Firestone, and I've hit this brick wall where even though I'm 3 levels over everyone else, I'm still getting my ass handed to me.
And it bothers me because it's not like leveling up will actually change the difficulty, even if I COULD level up because killing things gives you little to no experience anymore.
Kind of sucks the fun out of the game when I can't even get close enough to shoot before my shields completely gone.
So yeah, kind of unbalanced on the second playthrough. In my opinion.
But that's okay, I've obviously seen everything this game has to show me anyway.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:56:31 PM by arlen »

Rep:
Level 102
Depends on your items and skills I guess =o

I have this skill where if I kill somebody it triggers recharching on my shield. I also have a high capacity (600+, though with another skill of mine this is increased by like 30%) shield that also recharges my health. Drop a rocket from my 600+ damage (before modifiers) rocket launcher in the middle of the bad guys and it heals the crap out of me.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I have 700+ shield w/ health regen, a skill that recharges my health for 36 seconds that refreshes every 18 seconds, and an SMG that does 100 damage per shot and regenerates it's own ammo.

But in that 18 seconds where I'm defenseless, my shield vanishes and each shot takes away 100 of my health. I can unload entire clips and do so little damage, yet my weapon is so powerful. It kills skags in like 2 seconds, but won't stop bruisers or boss bandits?

It's ridiculous...

I dunno

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
Siren with a caustic SMG...I love seeing them melt.

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, I finished a few sidequests, put on my 1000+ capacity shield, redistributed my skill points, and found an S&S sniper rifle and a good hiding place and managed to take the BoneWhatever guy out. I've changed my mind, it's not so tough, I just have to invent a new approach every now and then I guess. Grr.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Lovin' Siren.  Double melee damage pistol + more melee damage + headshot critical melees = decapitation,

Rep:
Level 83
I'm loving the berserker. I'm currently using the Cracked Sash due to its small capacity and ultra-fast recharge rate. Works wonders for Payback and Unbreakable.
My life is like every script I write: It runs great except for the f*cked up bits.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Beat first playthrough. Going to do the second because I'm overcome with greed and the desire to build the most badass arsenal ever seen.

The final boss kicked my ass like 4 times before I finally beat it.

Spoiler for Bordurrlands Spoiler Alert:
After killing the 'The Destroyer' at the Vault gate you don't get to actually enter the vault. I am fucking disappoint. Although, the fucker did drop enough Combat Rifle ammo to fill my entire house.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I wish my computer didn't suck so much that I can't play this. ;-;

Rep:
Level 102
Level 40 :) 2nd playthrough, about to kill sledge.

Got this god damn amazing alien weapon, fires faster than an SMG and hits like 900-1,200 damage. Infinite recharging ammo.

Brotip: check out the bounty boards and do the side quests, there are some great rewards.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I wish my computer didn't suck so much that I can't play this. ;-;

Playing on 360 here. 
I agree  ;9

Rep:
Level 96
I fucking hate Skags. On the second playthrough, you will spend 90% of your time fighting Skags.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Roph and I fucked shit up.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
This game has gotten really boring. I need to play online...level 24 and all the enemies are the same, easy to kill bandits. I don't even feel slightly motivated to go run around the bandit camps like I used to...having over 100K money really makes it easy to never need to hunt for money and the fact that it's easier to find a better weapon off the enemies than spend 25K on a mediocre weapon that you'll keep for only a little bit.
What's a better artifact than electricity? I already have shock applied because one of my skills, so should I go corrosive or explosion or fire?

Sooo...maybe I'll get on IRC later or just play something else.

Rep:
Level 102
Attaching for bored hoes.

http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35341.0;attach=18357

Also:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowGame.ini

bDemiGodMode=true

HP Can't go below 1.
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
This game has gotten really boring. I need to play online...level 24 and all the enemies are the same, easy to kill bandits. I don't even feel slightly motivated to go run around the bandit camps like I used to...having over 100K money really makes it easy to never need to hunt for money and the fact that it's easier to find a better weapon off the enemies than spend 25K on a mediocre weapon that you'll keep for only a little bit.
What's a better artifact than electricity? I already have shock applied because one of my skills, so should I go corrosive or explosion or fire?

lol you should be doing quests .-.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

lol you should be doing quests .-.

I am, what I'm saying is that that's all I'm doing.
The quests are okay, but it's like find me a sniper scope, body and barrel. The quests where you find the tannis logs are actually really exciting because of the story.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Installing now. Name: HolkDiggity

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I am, what I'm saying is that that's all I'm doing.
The quests are okay, but it's like find me a sniper scope, body and barrel. The quests where you find the tannis logs are actually really exciting because of the story.

there's more tannis logs as you go along.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Here's a little something for people who want to fuck around. I take no responsibility if you fuck up your save.

What this is, is a Borderlands save editor. What it allows you to do is edit your characters XP, cash, level, skill points, set an actual RGB colour scheme for your character, change weapon proficiencies and maximum amount of ammo for your weapons.

Simply open your save, change the values you want, and hit 'Save'.

Download:
http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Borderlands_PC_Save_Editor.exe

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
After playing for two days, I can give my impressions so far:

First off, don't take any of this criticism too hard. This game is excellent, and it is the most fun I've had getting into a game like this since Oblivion. Of the three games that I bind together, (Fallout 3, STALKER, and Borderlands) I'm having the most fun with this one so far. That being said, here is a jumbled summary of what I think.

For starters, the game runs very smoothly. I haven't had one crash, lock-up, or freeze the entire time I've played. The music fits the atmosphere very well, and it reminds me of the old Fallout soundtracks, specifically the hand drums. The graphics are good, but I still don't know if I like the whole "comic book/cel-shading" thing that some newer games are doing. It looks better here than in Halo ODST, but I'm still not warmed up to it yet. I have seen a few odd bugs here and there, but nothing that made me ragequit. Usually, they just make me laugh and want to play again. I've seen enemies spawn two feet away from me, since the day/night cycle had reset while I was walking through a clan territory. I've gotten stuck in-between rocks, with no way of getting out. I had to take my shield off and throw grenades at my feet to continue. The only things that sort of annoy me are not glitches, but game mechanics that start to get old after a while. For example, the way that Skags will wait to come out of their dens until you've killed enough of them. One thing that I specifically love about this game is the "Second Wind" feature that you get if you can pull off a kill before dying. This adds a whole new level of strategy to gunfights: Rather than killing a bunch of tough enemies one at a time, I try to severely weaken a few so that I can pull off a last chance kill if I need to. I like the innovations that I see in the weapons, but there's still a bit too much stat-checking for me. I hate having to spend a few minutes deciding if one point of accuracy is better than one point of reload time. I'm noticing a trend in the games that I've been playing lately, specifically this and Dragon Age. They both seem curiously like Massive Multiplayer Offline games. I'm not a fan of MMOs, because I think they get stale too fast. Hopefully this trend is temporary.

Anyway, those are just a few of my scattered thoughts. All in all, like I said earlier, this is a very fun game right now, but I'm not convinced yet that it has the staying power of something like Oblivion.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Borderlands is kinda short, and it does feel kinda mmo-ish Holk, I agree, though I see it more like Diablo 2 but FPS instead.  Also, as far as staying power, there will be expansions :]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
This gun is fucking extreme.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm noticing a trend in the games that I've been playing lately, specifically this and Dragon Age. They both seem curiously like Massive Multiplayer Offline games. I'm not a fan of MMOs, because I think they get stale too fast. Hopefully this trend is temporary.
Even though I haven't played Borderlands, I can only assume the makers do this because they want to allow the user to customize their character as much as possible. That opens up a lot of opportunities and, boy, do they like allowing customization. I heard the new CoD lets you basically put a scope on a handgun if you want or something. >_> Anyways, I do think having this kind of MMO aspect in FPSes sounds like a good conduct, but, as the name clearly shows, it's an MMO aspect; it belongs in MMOs. FPSes are those games where you don't really save progress and display your skill in it. ;p

Rep:
Level 96
Psh I have a shotgun that does 107 (x11) damage.

It likes to blow up cars.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The second wind feature is really nice. It was one of the first things I noticed, it's quite good when you're overwhelmed but can still take down something.
I killed a Rakk once and it exploded with poison, it put me into the second wind scenario and there was nothing else to kill. :\

I don't think it has as much depth as Diablo 2 did/does.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Psh I have a shotgun that does 107 (x11) damage.

It likes to blow up cars.

I have one that's like 91 x12, which is pretty damned sweet.  Phasewalk damages someone, hit someone in phasewalk, go out of phasewalk, shoot point blank in the face.

Rep:
Level 94
I found something else that I wish was different:

Wandering the wastes to explore goes largely unrewarded, since most in-game objects only become "activated" once a questline is started.

Rep:
Level 102
Finished the second playthrough, done all of the missions I can find, cleared all the bounty boards.

Now I have nothing to do :(

It's nice that some sidequest bosses respawn, so I can count on skagzilla being there, or those spiderant boss bastards, or that guy in janistown etc, but other than than I just drive around killing stuff. I already have near perfect weapons, I never find anything better.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:04:46 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Physics need to be fixed for cars.  I can understand taking a lot of damage if I'm hit, but I shouldn't be fucking disintegrated and fined for fucks sake.  Stupid god damned raider cars.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm on level 49 and having a "fear of the end" crisis.  ;9

Also, I like to melee my racer and watch it go spinning away as if it weighed 1 pound.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Finished the second playthrough, done all of the missions I can find, cleared all the bounty boards.

Now I have nothing to do :(

It's nice that some sidequest bosses respawn, so I can count on skagzilla being there, or those spiderant boss bastards, or that guy in janistown etc, but other than than I just drive around killing stuff. I already have near perfect weapons, I never find anything better.

expac is coming out soon I think :)
Dr.Ned's Zombie Island.

Rep:
Level 96
Well, that's it. Level 50. I only just finished the first mission in Old Haven. That leaves another 10+ hours of gameplay where I won't be getting ANY experience. :(